Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Booster seat?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:35 PM
  • 8 Replies

My son is 16 months old and it seems like he might want to sit at the table.  He is really starting to hate his high chair.  Did any of you ladies ever use a booster seat at the table for your toddlers?  If so, how old were they and do you have any reccomendations?

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Zazayam
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I took the tray off our highchair and just scooted it up to the table, it's adjustable height and was enough to make my boys happy.

If you get an actual booster seat make sure it's one you can strap to the chair.

mamalusbear
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I wish I could do that with our highchair.  It's a wooden chair that belonged to my Mom and it is very old school.

Quoting Zazayam:

I took the tray off our highchair and just scooted it up to the table, it's adjustable height and was enough to make my boys happy.

If you get an actual booster seat make sure it's one you can strap to the chair.

chcon
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:21 AM
We have a portable booster chair that we used at home as well for our kids when they seemed to want to sit with us instead of in the high chair. It varied from kid to kid but generally around 18 mo. to 2 yrs or so they would use it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Ah. I love those family treasures :)

That age sounds about right honestly, but we dropped a cousin once because her booster was the kind that you just sit on the chair and strap the kid into. She was fine, but we tossed the seat and replaced it with one that had chair straps lol. Other then that I don't think there's anything really specific you need to look for.

Quoting mamalusbear:

I wish I could do that with our highchair.  It's a wooden chair that belonged to my Mom and it is very old school.

Quoting Zazayam:

mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:53 AM
I've never owned a high chair! We use only booster chairs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixystix89
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Yes I did exactly what you're thinking of doing. First we used the tray on it & then eventually just scooted him up to the table. Right before he turned 2 we packed the booster away & he just sits in the chair. Hooray for less baby gear!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamalusbear
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:25 AM

I was thinking of this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Lionheart-BoosterPOD-Chocolate-Green/dp/B001DJLG6Y/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1363496979&sr=1-2&keywords=prince+lionheart+booster

Quoting Zazayam:

That age sounds about right honestly, but we dropped a cousin once because her booster was the kind that you just sit on the chair and strap the kid into. She was fine, but we tossed the seat and replaced it with one that had chair straps lol. Other then that I don't think there's anything really specific you need to look for.

Quoting mamalusbear:

Quoting Zazayam:

Zazayam
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah that's the style we went with after our accident.

Quoting mamalusbear:

I was thinking of this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Lionheart-BoosterPOD-Chocolate-Green/dp/B001DJLG6Y/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1363496979&sr=1-2&keywords=prince+lionheart+booster

Quoting Zazayam:

Quoting mamalusbear:

Quoting Zazayam:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN