Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

swim wear

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM
  • 24 Replies
I'm a new mommy and have always worn cute bikini's, but now my body is in no shape to be shown off like that! I can't bring myself to wear a one piece. Any advice in cute swim wear that will hide my stretch marks and still be cute and age appropriate (im 19)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ali840
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM
2 moms liked this
I love those retro swimsuits from the 50's.They are halter top and a little longer at the hip. They are one piece but I think they are super cute and sexy! Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Tankinis with boy shorts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shygirl951
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Thanks
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I just got back from the beach and any size women wears anything now. Size does not dictate suits any more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shygirl951
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Lol I'm a lil scrawny thing I just am not going to be showing off my stretch marks and post baby pooch!

Quoting atlmom2:

I just got back from the beach and any size women wears anything now. Size does not dictate suits any more.

jupiter5
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Oh god I am in the same boat as you I love swimming but haven't even gone yet because I have no suit!!! (I'm in Miami) it's been bikini season for a while now...
I am going to buy a monokini or a retro style swim dress
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I just got back from the beach. I saw 200lb 40yo+ women in bikinis.

Quoting Shygirl951:

Lol I'm a lil scrawny thing I just am not going to be showing off my stretch marks and post baby pooch!

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, but they shouldn't!

Quoting atlmom2:

Katenemsmom
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
A cute bathing suit cover or a sarong goes a long way to covering those stretch marks. Once you are in the water nobody will see them.
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Tankinis are cute and cover the scar area usually.  they show maybe an inch of midriff.  I have always been a one piece girl so i go between the plain ones or the ones with little skirts for the hip/thigh area.

child pp image      child pp image   OR     child pp image

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/swimwear/arizona-stripe-bandeau-tankini-or-bottom/prod.jump?ppId=ens6001990038&catId=cat100630334&deptId=dept20000015&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)