Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

At my wit's end with sick baby.

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM
  • 36 Replies

My 3 month old has been puking non-stop for 2 weeks, she's constipated, doesn't sleep well, and is very fussy. I had an upper GI done, results came back fine. Changed the flow of her bottles to slow instead of medium, started feeding smaller amounts and more frequently, and switched to soy formula. Now what?

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tiffany1014
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM

My brother was allergic to milk and soy so he had to be on nutrimagine (sp?) maybe you could try that

splendid4
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Something that I used for my daughter who had similar problems was gripe water. Good luck!

JC2223
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Take her to the pediatrician.

SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Alimentum, donor milk, relactation...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Same with my son. He is lactose intolerant and has an allergy to soy. Something my doctor had me do so we didn't have to put him through all the allergy testing so young was to take him off of formula. I gave him pedialyte at my doctor's recommendation until he had been symptom free for 24 hours. Then start introducing foods slowly. (Some of this happened after my DS started eating solids. We knew about 3 months old for the dairy though.

Quoting Tiffany1014:

My brother was allergic to milk and soy so he had to be on nutrimagine (sp?) maybe you could try that

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Was he fine before the last 2 weeks??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nutrimom91
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I get formula through a government funded program, they only provide gerber good start gentle or soy :/

nutrimom91
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Yes, she was fine until 2 weeks ago. 

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I suggest taking her to the pediatrician and explaining what you're feeding, how often you're feeding, how often she throws up, and how much - is it a little spit up or is it projectile, like shooting across the room or totally drenching you. He/she will be able to help determine whether it's an allergy or something else going on. Definitely don't delay, however, since it doesn't take much for a newborn to get dehydrated and dehydration is a bad thing for tiny bodies.

Good luck! :)

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM

This is long past time for the doctor to be helping you out

For constipation add in water and glycerine suppositories to help. Glucose water is even better with constipation than straight water. 

WIC and gov't programs will provide any formula IF it is doctor ordered. Start driving her doctor crazy with calls for help until he or she finds the answer for your baby. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)