Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

At my wit's end with sick baby.

Posted by   + Show Post

My 3 month old has been puking non-stop for 2 weeks, she's constipated, doesn't sleep well, and is very fussy. I had an upper GI done, results came back fine. Changed the flow of her bottles to slow instead of medium, started feeding smaller amounts and more frequently, and switched to soy formula. Now what?

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Replies (31-36):
Shaei
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:39 AM
By all means check keep working with your baby's pediatrician to get this sorted out. I had the same problem you're describing and what finally helped was switching to Dr. Brown's bottles. They helped eliminate all of the air she was sucking in with her first bottles. Good luck to you Mama!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nutrimom91
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:51 PM

She went to the dr today and finally got prescribed zantec. Hope it helps.

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:58 PM

???? That is bizarre. Prescribe a drug before trying the simple and NON Drug options? WOW. I'd be outta that doctor's office. And how about the constipation? What's zantac going to do for that? 

Briangel
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM
My mil did that too. She swears by it!!

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

I'll get lambasted for this I"m sure, but mind you, my oldest is almost 20.  When my son would get constipated we would use  a little dark Caro syrup mixed with warm water.  It really worked.  Your son almost sounds like he has reflux

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kryysteez
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:25 PM

It sounds like a bad reaction to vaccines.  If this is the case you cannot take her in for the next ones.  It says on the package insert for vaccines, If they are crying for more than 3 hours or vomiting, DO NOT do any future ones or big problems can happen.  Vaccines have many toxic ingredients that cause problems.  If it is unbearable, take her to a Homeopathic doctor, a lot of times they can reverse the effects of vaccines.  If you have any more children, consider NOT vaccinating,  they are much happier and healthier, which makes you happier and thats how parenting should be.

nutrimom91
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:09 PM

This problem was going on way before she got her vaccines, and we did try many things to solve it before going with treatment for acid reflux. Since she started the zantec she is throwing up a lot less and is pooping normal. Thank you ladies for allllll the advice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN