Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be mad?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:08 PM
  • 76 Replies
Well, my MIL wanted to watch our 6 month old daughter for awhile as she doesn't see her thst often. We get pictures of her today (daddy's first bio baby. He has 3 step kids) and right away I notice that her hair has been cut! She told my husband on Friday that his sister said for us to shave her head because she has a bald patch. She said it to him in Spanish and I understood and started shaking my head saying no. I didn't want to send her snymore because I would poop bricks if my sweet princess came back bald. We specifically said NO HAIR CUTTING! She is only 6 months. I am sentimental about first hair cut and blah blah. My husband asked his sister if they cut her hair and she said no. Then she said ask his mother and she said yes but only her bangs. I really don't care that it is just her bangs. Three things occured here: First of all, she disrespected us. We said not to do something and she did it anyways. Two: She took something from my husband and I thst we can't get back. Our own special first hair cut thing AND her first hair tuft for her book. Three: She messed up her hair. She had cute little swoopy bangs that are now choppy across her forehead. I know it is just hair and it will grow but it was her first hair cut WITHOUT permission...no,no,no....AFTER BEING TOLD NO!! Would you be mad too?
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkParadox
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Yep. Mad
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Yes i'd be super pissed. It's partly why I won't let dh's family take dd out, I have a feeling they will try to pierce her ears because they keep talking about it, although me and dh are still iffy about doing it.

crystalplus1
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:12 PM
4 moms liked this

Yep. I would be mad. I would tell grandma she can not have her for a while with out you or dh around.

Zazayam
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I'd be very mad.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I would be angry and then get over it by no unsupervised visits for awhile.  You can still have a first hair cut later on as she starts to get her big girl hair in.

NicholeJirik
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM
I'd be pissed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

absolutely

mepluss4
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Oh I would be soooooo mad!!! First it's hair cuts then whats next? Religion? Tattoos? Who knows!!!

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Oh yeah. I'd be very mad. VERY.

Angela6812
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:00 PM
4 moms liked this

That was very disrespectful of them to do that. Anything that involves changing your child's appearance should be you and her father's decision, they had no right to do that to her and to you. I would go to grandma and lay down the law-she is only going to be allowed supervised visitation for the next 6 months, and then when you feel you can trust her she will have to promise not to alter her in any way. Allow only short visits without you, like an hour or so. She is your child and you have a right to keep her safe. Best of luck, thankful my family would never do anything like that.  Ask if she kept any hair, if not then I say just move on and pretend she never got a hair cut (she didn't by you so it does not count), her uneven hair will grow quickly. Then when you are ready do a real haircut at a salon and save that hair for her book.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured