Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
i just started a new relationship about 2 months ago things are good and we are very happy together. but i just miscarried his baby. i wasn't far along and we had no clue i was pregnant.

we have talked about having kids and we both agreed we wanted to wait a year or so.

so my question is should i tell him i miscarried?? i waited til he went to work the other day and went to the ER where they told me it was a miscarriage. i am very upset although i didn't want another baby right now...im still very hurt...WWYD???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Replies (31-40):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would tell him so perhaps he can be more vigilant in using protection as well or slow down the relationship to presex status for awhile.

ali840
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Relationships are all about honesty, communication, and working through things together. Use this as an opportunity to do those things. Also, I know this is crazy, but consider getting married before having a baby together?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilDzMamma2010
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:30 PM
neither of us want marriage but thanks :-)

Quoting ali840:

Relationships are all about honesty, communication, and working through things together. Use this as an opportunity to do those things. Also, I know this is crazy, but consider getting married before having a baby together?
stepdiva
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Tell him and you can grieve together. And good luck!
stepdiva
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Tell him and you can grieve together. And good luck!
missg8
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Sorry for your lost. You should tell him. You both are in the relationship. This might be a helpful insight to how you deal with future issues.

emmy526
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM

you should tell him...why start a new relationship built on deceit?

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I would tell him. He has a right to know. Besides, having him there for you and you for him, would probably help right now.

CafeMom Tickers
IansMommy2012
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:56 AM
You better change then or start using condoms.
As for telling him , I would. No need to keep it to your self. Especially if you were talking about having kids in the future

Quoting LilDzMamma2010:

i am on BC.

Quoting Zazayam:

I would tell him, and get on some form of birth control.

ali840
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Can I ask why? Why would you not want to get married if you have talked about having babies? Marriage gets a bad rap these days, but it's still really important to a stable family. Marriage provides both parties with a support system they can rely on. It's just a whole other level of commitment. Why would you not want that if you have children together? My husband and I got married and got pregnant right away. Those first few years were really tough and I can honestly say that if we hadn't been married one of us probably would have left. But we didn't because we were married. Now 2 children later we're coming up on our 10th anniversary this summer. I'm so happy with him and my kids have a secure, stable home life where they know nobody is going anywhere.

Quoting LilDzMamma2010:

neither of us want marriage but thanks :-)

Quoting ali840:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN