Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Ok so for the last month and a half my DD has been getting bites on her body. It is all over and she usually has at least 5 at a time. They itch and sometimes hurt. I took her to the doctor for it once and asked about it again a second time when my other DD went to the doctor for a physical. The doctor said that it is just bug bites and she is allergic so they get bigger and red and itchy. 

Well she woke up last night to go potty and she has another one on her ankle. She may have gotten it earlier in the day yesterday and just hadn't noticed until last night. I am so tired of it. I feel awful for her. She is the only one in the family getting them. I am at a loss here. I googled bedbugs and checked her bed for them, but foud absolutely nothing. 

What should i do? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Replies (11-12):
wickedstepjenn
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Try putting a shallow dish with water and dish soap in a room over night. No fleas in the morning then your good on that.. put double sided tape on her matress pr box spring. The nastys will jump on ot then you can find out what it is. Maybe she's allergic to dust mites? Or plays in the grass where sand fleas are? School? I hope you find what's biting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoeMax
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Hives look really similar to bug bites sometimes. Maybe she is a bit allergic to your detergent or something in her clothes. My son gets hives when he wears anything polyester and they look like bug bites. If she is the only one affected maybe it is an llergic reaction rather than bug bites.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN