Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

FML ... NEED ADVICE -- UPDATE ... SO MUCH FOR IT GETTING BETTER!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

**I posted this in the moms confessions and then found this group.. I will hopefully get more advice in here*

Am I the only one who feels like they will never get ahead in life.. I feel like im failing my boys and my husband. It never fails how much we both work we can never get caught up on bills, no matter how much I clean our apartment its right back to being a mess. I want to give up at times but I have to be positive about everything for our kids I have a 4 year old and a 2 month old.. im 23 and I really feel like my husband and I are stuck in a never ending battle with money and bills!!! does anyone have any advice for me lol or help organizing finances I suck with!!

***Update***

SOOO my husband and I need to come up with $150 before Friday .. yeah 2 days away or we lose our place because we would have to go to court. I have NO family to help I have already asked them they dont have the money. My husband is supposed to be asking his parents. We thought we had paid everthing to avoid court but nope they called last night stating if they didnt have the $150 we still have to show up to court Friday .. Im losing my mind Im working my ass off. My husband is working his ass off and we just keep gettin shit on.. no pun intended and its not gettin better its worse. How am I going to explain to my 4 year old that we have to find a new place to live. we cant stay with my family. my parents have a 4 bed room house and every room is takin and my sister is sleepin on their couch! FML i seriously give up i wana take my family and run and completely start over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
liliem
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I do feng shui. It know, its witchcrafty, but hey, it worked for me. I met my husband, got a HUGE raise at work, all constantly doing feng shui. I learned yoga after that and started teaching it and pretty much created the life I have now and its all uphill. Its all centered around positive thinking and focusing your mind on what you want and how you visualize your life which puts the universe to work for you. Good luck!

MJP76
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

We started feeling financially sound in our late 20s. Before that we paid for everything with cash. We didn't take out loans and we didn't own credit cards. We only spent within our means. I personally have never felt like I wasn't going anywhere, we are constantly moving up. There will always be hic-ups in life, it's how you meet them head on and deal with them on how life goes.  Woe is mes won't get you anywhere, if you look at things like "eh, shit happens" and take the hic-ups with a grain of salt, they won't seem so bad.

kim8934
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

yea, I felt like that a few months ago, and seriously considering running away.  I didn't.  We (SO & I) went to FL for a week and did it for fairly cheap.  Sometimes, just getting away, can clear your head and make you think of other solutions.

mommyof20813
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I would love to but unfortanetly with having a new baby and no money we wouldnt be able to afford to take the time off. Im trying to plan a weekend trip for his birthday in June that way I have time to put some money aside when i can. But i also have to make sure i have babysitter lined up the only one i would trust is my parents.. i have issues with his parents - for the day is one thing over night .. hell no.. lol but thats a different issue.

Quoting kim8934:

yea, I felt like that a few months ago, and seriously considering running away.  I didn't.  We (SO & I) went to FL for a week and did it for fairly cheap.  Sometimes, just getting away, can clear your head and make you think of other solutions.

momamanda
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

That's a toughy. Financially- set a budget. Get a notebook and write down how much you 2 bring in each month. Then right down neccesities. Rent, water, electric, Gas for car and home(if you have that) and of course whatever you pay for phone cable internet and groceries plus all other bills. add it  all up and look at what is left, if any. Then consider cutting things out. TV, Internet, and Phone. check you phone bill make sure you are not getting ripped off, shop around and make sure you're getting the best deal. TV and internet both seem like neccesities but really aren't. consider cutting out your TV service and getting netflix instead, if you have Wii or xbox you can watch it straight from tv and for $15 a month have  great selection of shows. Remember that you can always use anntennas to bring in locals and sometimes more. We always used antennas up until 2 years ago. Really take a close look at your bills and cut out what you do not need.

Then watch where your money is being spent. Get your notebook  write the month at the top of the page the do 2 columns. 1 column for money comming in and the other for money going out. Here is an example:

In                                                        out

paycheck 700.00                         walmart- 50.00

Electric- 90.00

Wendy's 15.00

etc... then you can watch what money is comming in and where you are spending it, sometimes you can be suprised.

As for your home. Try to focus on 1 room a day. I know it must be exhausting to work all day then take care of your kids all you want to do is pass out by the end of the day. create a schedule or 1 room a day. Monday you give the kitchen a good clean up. Tuesday the living room, wednesday the bathrooms, etc... Also you can do laundry this way. Monday- dh's laundry, Tuesday- your laundry, Wednesday- dd's laundry etc... If you and dh are both working then create a schedule so you all can share the workload at home too.

Hope what I have shared will help. sorry it got long. These are things that have worked for us. Although I am fortunate enough to have to work outside of the home, I know that not every woman has that option. Stay strong and I hope you find something that works.

mommyof20813
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Laundry has to get done either saturday or sunday the stupid freaking apartment complex we live in there are no washers and dryers in the apartments - they BLOW ..just sayin.. so on the weekend we pick a day and that when we do laundry..

** THANK YOU AGAIN EVERYONE FOR THE IDEAS.. IT DOES HELP REALLY !!**

nurse1997
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Join the group all moms feel like you do at some point and get use to it because it lingers LOL i had 3 kids by your age too and the bills just keep coming in im 36 and the bills  still keep coming in andmy  kids are 12,14,16, now - stay on budget as much as you can - cut bills heating,water,electric, cable, get on the budget billing plans they will save you a bunch - try to keep those babies on a schedule so you and your husband can have some alone time after work and dinner so it doesnt feel like your just always running and never getting a break  together- As far as the house goes maybe you can keep toys in one room to cut back  on the clutter  but every thing else sorry just gotta clean up after your selves  we are all in the same boat buckle up its gonna be a bumpy ride momma your not alone thou congrats on new baby !!!!

mommyof20813
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Thanks. I know its not gona go away But im glad to hear its ok to get overwhelmed and im not the only one thats going through it !Thank you all !!

Quoting nurse1997:

Join the group all moms feel like you do at some point and get use to it because it lingers LOL i had 3 kids by your age too and the bills just keep coming in im 36 and the bills  still keep coming in andmy  kids are 12,14,16, now - stay on budget as much as you can - cut bills heating,water,electric, cable, get on the budget billing plans they will save you a bunch - try to keep those babies on a schedule so you and your husband can have some alone time after work and dinner so it doesnt feel like your just always running and never getting a break  together- As far as the house goes maybe you can keep toys in one room to cut back  on the clutter  but every thing else sorry just gotta clean up after your selves  we are all in the same boat buckle up its gonna be a bumpy ride momma your not alone thou congrats on new baby !!!!

nurse1997
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Yep we are all  in the same boat unless you are one of those moms that lie and says every thing is perfect the house is  always spotless, my husband is wonderful, and my kids are angels, and no debt make me throw up LOL we live in the real world you gotta make the most of what you got  you got healthy kids and a roof over your head and food on the table and sounds like you got a good man stay strong and kick some momma ass there is always a another woman lurking around that would love to be in your place ;] keep me posted i wanna hear how well things are going and have changed summers coming hopefully its gets some of us out of a funk !!!

ginnyk87
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Yes, trust me! My dh busts his ass and we just can't seem to get ahead. Our furnace went out and we can't afford to get it fixed. We've been sitting in a cold house for weeks and only able to heat one room at a time. It sucks having to sit in front of a heater all damn day. We have 2 kids too that are 2 and 8 months.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN