Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

FML ... NEED ADVICE -- UPDATE ... SO MUCH FOR IT GETTING BETTER!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

**I posted this in the moms confessions and then found this group.. I will hopefully get more advice in here*

Am I the only one who feels like they will never get ahead in life.. I feel like im failing my boys and my husband. It never fails how much we both work we can never get caught up on bills, no matter how much I clean our apartment its right back to being a mess. I want to give up at times but I have to be positive about everything for our kids I have a 4 year old and a 2 month old.. im 23 and I really feel like my husband and I are stuck in a never ending battle with money and bills!!! does anyone have any advice for me lol or help organizing finances I suck with!!

***Update***

SOOO my husband and I need to come up with $150 before Friday .. yeah 2 days away or we lose our place because we would have to go to court. I have NO family to help I have already asked them they dont have the money. My husband is supposed to be asking his parents. We thought we had paid everthing to avoid court but nope they called last night stating if they didnt have the $150 we still have to show up to court Friday .. Im losing my mind Im working my ass off. My husband is working his ass off and we just keep gettin shit on.. no pun intended and its not gettin better its worse. How am I going to explain to my 4 year old that we have to find a new place to live. we cant stay with my family. my parents have a 4 bed room house and every room is takin and my sister is sleepin on their couch! FML i seriously give up i wana take my family and run and completely start over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Replies (31-40):
mommyof20813
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:03 PM

were in Va I will ask him. and your welcome!

Quoting ginnyk87:

Ohio and thanks!

Quoting mommyof20813:

where are u from. I have a friend who does that kinda work maybe hes close to yall?

Quoting ginnyk87:

We do and we've called them, but we are one town over from him and he won't drive out to come look at it! Awesome family huh? We are putting money back so we can get it looked at.

Quoting mommyof20813:

good luck to you!! Our electricity almost got cut off while i was having out son in Jan. Luckily my mom and sister split the bill and helped us so i wouldnt come home with a brand new baby to nothing since our apartment is all electric! do you have any friends or family that can help fix it?

Quoting ginnyk87:

Yes, trust me! My dh busts his ass and we just can't seem to get ahead. Our furnace went out and we can't afford to get it fixed. We've been sitting in a cold house for weeks and only able to heat one room at a time. It sucks having to sit in front of a heater all damn day. We have 2 kids too that are 2 and 8 months.

nurse1997
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:48 PM

HOWS IT GOING FEELING ANY BETTER ???

3girlskdpreno
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Well I have to say thank you for posting this because I have been feeling the same way and kinda in the same boat! I am a stay at home mom since we have a 2.5 year old 11month old and one on the way! My husband and I have been bumping heads at every turn though because we really have no outlets to go to! (Because of money) We save pay our bills then have nothing at the end! It felt good hearing some of the advice being put out there though! Now if anyone has advice on MEN AND WOMEN BEING FROM DIFFERENT PLANETS! that would be great! Sorry Im no help! good luck! keep on moveing forward!

JessLin79
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I feel this way a lot of the time. I keep a budget book and I get a receipt for EVERYTHING! After a couple of weeks, you will figure out were all your money is going, what you can cut out, and what you can save on. Write down every cent you spend. Once I documented all my money coming in and going out, it got a lot easier to manage my money.
As for cleaning the house, that is a never ending job. Once your kids get older, give them chores to help out.
Good luck!
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:29 PM
We were not either until late 20's too. We did wait till 30 for kids which helped and we had only 2 kids. Always paid off creditg cards eadh month. Never had debt, but scrimped to pay. Then we saved and got a house before our oldest was born. I didn't buy any clothes for like 2 years once.

Quoting MJP76:

We started feeling financially sound in our late 20s. Before that we paid for everything with cash. We didn't take out loans and we didn't own credit cards. We only spent within our means. I personally have never felt like I wasn't going anywhere, we are constantly moving up. There will always be hic-ups in life, it's how you meet them head on and deal with them on how life goes.  Woe is mes won't get you anywhere, if you look at things like "eh, shit happens" and take the hic-ups with a grain of salt, they won't seem so bad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildhorses420
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Oh you are so not alone!! Cost of living compared to what's earned is so dramatic depending on how lucky you are to land a good paying job. College has no guarantees these days and leaves graduates with insane debt. It's like that everywhere, especially with young parents because you have to worry about daycare..which is also insanely expensive. The way things are just isn't right. My best advice to you is to find someone you know who is excellent at budgeting. Ask them to sit down with you and really lay it out for you so you know when to pay what, how much etc. It's all in budgeting the best you can and unfortunately, high school requires Algebra, Biology, History and writing essays but nothing in terms of budgeting and the cost of living. In the high schools around here...it's an elective. It should be a requirement.

scorpiobabes
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:19 AM
If they both have problems putting dirty socks in the hamper, make it into a game. I used to do that with dd when she was 3 or 4- she could practice shooting the socks into the hamper-if she made it, she would get a sticker to wear.

Quoting mommyof20813:

Thank you both! I agree there are days I want to just throw in the towel. But I know I cant give up My 4 year old seems to only want to help when its convienent for him to help, I know that hes 4 but its kinda crazy just like his daddy lol It seems like I have to tell them both 764684 times to put their dirty clothes in the hamper. or to pick up whatever they had out.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyof20813
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:19 AM

added an update for you

Quoting nurse1997:

Yep we are all  in the same boat unless you are one of those moms that lie and says every thing is perfect the house is  always spotless, my husband is wonderful, and my kids are angels, and no debt make me throw up LOL we live in the real world you gotta make the most of what you got  you got healthy kids and a roof over your head and food on the table and sounds like you got a good man stay strong and kick some momma ass there is always a another woman lurking around that would love to be in your place ;] keep me posted i wanna hear how well things are going and have changed summers coming hopefully its gets some of us out of a funk !!!

x_Starr_x
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:23 AM
theres always extended stays.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyof20813
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:23 PM

If I had the money for a hotel i wouldnt be scrambaling to find and use all the money I have to try to keep o ur place seriously

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)