Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Want to cut my hair, what do u think? PIOG

Posted by   + Show Post
So I'm preg with my 3 child due in August. So I have been growing my hair out for awhile not but want to get it cut before it gets to warm and I get really fat :)

I'll post a pic of me in replies and the two ideas I'm thinking. Let me know what u girls think.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I think long very choppy layers are great but don't go too short! I still regret it! 

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Mine was far longer than yours-I'd been growing it for YEARS AND YEARS. I got to the point you are at and I chopped it all off. OH MY GOD! IT WAS WONDERFUL! SO much lighter, so much easier to care for. Made me look younger. I was able to style it to hide some of the fat in my face and to give some shape... I've never let it grow past my shoulders again since then. 

On the flip side of that my hair grows INCREDIBLY FAST. I think normal hair grows about 1/2 inch per month. Mine grows about an inch-no kidding. I can go from short hair to middle of my shoulders in about 6 months. So, my theory is It's just hair! It'll grow back. 

Lindsey1112
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Thanks.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I think long very choppy layers are great but don't go too short! I still regret it! 

Lindsey1112
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Do u have a picture?
Mine grows really fast too now being on prenadles it's even faster.
Yes it's hair and will grow back
Thanks

Quoting MamaSnaps:

Mine was far longer than yours-I'd been growing it for YEARS AND YEARS. I got to the point you are at and I chopped it all off. OH MY GOD! IT WAS WONDERFUL! SO much lighter, so much easier to care for. Made me look younger. I was able to style it to hide some of the fat in my face and to give some shape... I've never let it grow past my shoulders again since then. 

On the flip side of that my hair grows INCREDIBLY FAST. I think normal hair grows about 1/2 inch per month. Mine grows about an inch-no kidding. I can go from short hair to middle of my shoulders in about 6 months. So, my theory is It's just hair! It'll grow back. 

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
A photo of how it's cut now? I'll have to see what I have... I am never in pictures-I am a photographer, I am always behind the camera! LOL!
MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I am the one with dark hair. This was this past fall after I had let it grow for about 2 months. It was REALLY long here compared to how I like to keep it.

Sorry... really small but it's closer to how I normally keep it. It's kind of spiked all over. 

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I like all three. 2 is my favorite.

Zazayam
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I think #2 or even shorter would look great on you.

x_Starr_x
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I just cut about 15 inches of mine
icn_mom
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:07 PM

shoulder length soft long layers w/ side bang? :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)