Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crib Side-car

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:07 AM
  • 10 Replies

Anyone ever side-car their crib? Did you like it? I just got mine set up and I don't think I'm comfortable with it... It lines up perfectly but I feel like she could get mushed between the crib mattress and my mattress. Am I missing something?

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:25 AM

I have never heard of a side car, only the cosleeper attachments.   DD was her her own sleeping space from birth on so i am not much help on whether these are safe or not.

Zazayam
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Thanks for the answer, anyway :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

I have never heard of a side car, only the cosleeper attachments.   DD was her her own sleeping space from birth on so i am not much help on whether these are safe or not.

SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:18 AM
I stuff baby blankets inbetween the mattress and the railing. She is 18 mths though and im sure she isnt in any danger right next to me with those added blankets. How old is your baby?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I did for about a week. She stayed in it for about 30 minutes every night and ended up fully in our bed after that, so I just took it down. 

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I did it. I worked great for us, she stayed in the crib and very rarely ended up in the bed. It's pleasant waking up every morning to a smiling baby : )

MrsJoe125
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I wedged my first DD's crib between my bed and the wall TIGHTLY.  There was no space where she could get mushed between the bed and the crib, but you might try just putting the side on the crib and keep it next to your bed, if that makes you feel better (or makes it easier to feed her or whatever).

With my last two children, I used a pack'n'play with a bassinet insert.  It was a good hieght all round (for me to get them out, for them to sleep in by my bed, etc.)  I just wish I hadn't started co-sleeping with my last LO; it took three years to get him into his own bed (and he still wakes me up several times a night).  All for a week of sleep when he was three weeks old.

Zazayam
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:16 PM

She'll be 5mo's this week. I'm sure she isn't really in danger, and I know I would hear anything fishy going on I think I'm being overly nervous lol.

Without the blankets (which never crossed my mind while I was trying to set it up at 3am...) there was enough room for her arm to slide through and I was afraid she would roll over funny and pop her shoulder or something. Blankets worked, I love it I think.

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

I stuff baby blankets inbetween the mattress and the railing. She is 18 mths though and im sure she isnt in any danger right next to me with those added blankets. How old is your baby?

Zazayam
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM

She's been fully in our bed so I was just trying to add a little extra room, lol.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

I did for about a week. She stayed in it for about 30 minutes every night and ended up fully in our bed after that, so I just took it down. 

SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Lol I can understand it not crossing your mind at 3am i wouldnt have thought of it then either. I didnt want to leave that gap either for the same reason and my dd is much older so I can totally understand your concern. Plus i get tons more sleep and room, if she needs me she rolls over and finds me then she either moves back or i just scooch her over if i feel squashed. Im dreading the transition of putting her in her own room since cosleeping is so easy.

Quoting Zazayam:

She'll be 5mo's this week. I'm sure she isn't really in danger, and I know I would hear anything fishy going on I think I'm being overly nervous lol.

Without the blankets (which never crossed my mind while I was trying to set it up at 3am...) there was enough room for her arm to slide through and I was afraid she would roll over funny and pop her shoulder or something. Blankets worked, I love it I think.

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Yeah there's no way I wouldn't cosleep, I believe it saves my sanity lol. My boys stayed with me until they were ready to leave, daddy works night shift so it wasn't bothering anything anyway. We had a toddler bed in our room until they were 4.

Plus there's nothing like waking up to those sweet lil smiles first thing in the morning :)

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

Lol I can understand it not crossing your mind at 3am i wouldnt have thought of it then either. I didnt want to leave that gap either for the same reason and my dd is much older so I can totally understand your concern. Plus i get tons more sleep and room, if she needs me she rolls over and finds me then she either moves back or i just scooch her over if i feel squashed. Im dreading the transition of putting her in her own room since cosleeping is so easy.

Quoting Zazayam:

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured