Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm freaking out! please help! sort of an emergency!

Posted by   + Show Post

So i had one of those 'unstrechable streches' you know, the ones you can't get to go away without a deep stretch? well i've been a gymnast for 13 years now so my first instinct was to do a quick backbend. i didnt even think about it! well i'm 7 weeks pregnant tomorrow and i think i felt something stretch! did i just kill my baby? i'm freaking out and about to break down crying... what do i do!?!?!?!

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Replies (11-16):
BritBeeMomma
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:19 AM

oh yeah i know i need to relax, i'm one of those panicky, lock-myself-in-a-safe-till-baby-is-born mothers, it's my first pregnancy (other than previous miscarriage). but i felt something on my left side stretch and i read that if you stretch too far while in your first trimester you can pull or stretch something in the uterus that doesn't quite stretch that way and cause damage to the embryo or uterus that can cause miscarriage.....

notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:23 AM

um call your dr, but I doubt you hurt the baby by stretching.

The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I think if you caused any damage, you would know by cramping and bleeding. 

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

A back bend isn't going to cause a miscarriage sweets.  But I would be carefull with stretching like that, mainly because all your joints are going to be loosening up soon, you could injure yourself.

BritBeeMomma
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM

thank you everyone, i'm a big worry wart, i get scared at every little move i make lol. thanks for putting up with me!

MrsJoe125
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not likely you killed your baby!!!  At 7 weeks gestation, the baby is only 5 weeks old (5 weeks from conception) and is soooo tiny that you couldn't hurt it directly; it would take either chemical or very forceful trama to your lower abdomen (something that would cause your uterus to contract hard and keep contracting).  In other words, you'd know it if something likely to kill your baby had happened to your uterus.

(((hugs)))

Call your dr if you're really that worried.  If you don't have a dr, you could use google, Dr. Oz, WebMD, etc. to find out whether you've done something that could harm your LO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured