Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about signing up for kindergarden?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 23 Replies
Hello ladies! My son is going to be starting kindergarden this year but the school district we are in is not a good school at all and I don't want him going there I want to sign him up in a different school but its in the district my parents live in. I hear its illegal to do that but I have talked to my parents and they are fine with me using there address. Have any if you ever used another address with permission and didn't get in trouble for it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Yep, it is illegal and you will get caught. They do checking. Know someone who used a lot they owned as an address. They go caught. Do private school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Yep, you'll still get in trouble for it.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

LogansMommy0328
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Ok maybe ill just appeal it to the board of Ed to get him in there thank you!

Quoting atlmom2:

Yep, it is illegal and you will get caught. They do checking. Know someone who used a lot they owned as an address. They go caught. Do private school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Your best bet would be to seek a transfer; call your local board of ed to ask how to do that. Unfortunately, it it's a sought after school, you may not be able to get it this late.

Yes, you will get in trouble for using another person's address; jail, fines, and your daughter will be kicked out. They DO check.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

mommy0f2g1b
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:17 AM

you can apply for school of choice to get him into another district legally. Just talk to either of the districts.

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:26 AM

If he is going to be in K-5, I would consider a good private school for that or homeschooling. Our experiences in a "very good" school system in K-5 wasn't good for either of our kids. If I could do it all over again I would not put them in K-5 at all.

Current school systems do not seem to know what to do with little boys. Instead of actually dealing with them, they want to hold them back and medicate them. I think they should simply say, "Boy's mature slower than girls, we can't deal with them, wait until first grade."

MichelleSw
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I've been lending my address for a LONG time and never had any issues :) but you do have to prove you live there

AleaKat
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:30 AM
We had kids at my school do it all the time. It was a big risk but if you saw the other schools in the area you'd have done it too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LogansMommy0328
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:36 AM
I would love to do privet school but there very expensive around here but I am still considering it and as for the home schooling my son is so excited about school and wants to go it would break his little heart it if home schooled him. Yea this school is full of kids who curse constantly and bully eachother I don't want him around that but 5 minutes away is the other school which is a very good school I went there when I was a kid so ill just try to Appel it to the board of Ed see what happens.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

If he is going to be in K-5, I would consider a good private school for that or homeschooling. Our experiences in a "very good" school system in K-5 wasn't good for either of our kids. If I could do it all over again I would not put them in K-5 at all.

Current school systems do not seem to know what to do with little boys. Instead of actually dealing with them, they want to hold them back and medicate them. I think they should simply say, "Boy's mature slower than girls, we can't deal with them, wait until first grade."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Sometimes "good school systems" will let to pay something to go there even if it is out of your district. Private church schools are not that expensive around me. Things like Montessori are. I consider that ideal for a 5 year old boy.

It's great that he is excited to go to school but sadly most schools will kill that excitement and his self esteem quickly.  Like I said, if I had it to do all over again, I'd homeschool from the start so they didn't lose the natural excitement of learning to get trampled down by the system like mine did.

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

I would love to do privet school but there very expensive around here but I am still considering it and as for the home schooling my son is so excited about school and wants to go it would break his little heart it if home schooled him. Yea this school is full of kids who curse constantly and bully eachother I don't want him around that but 5 minutes away is the other school which is a very good school I went there when I was a kid so ill just try to Appel it to the board of Ed see what happens.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured