Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Having super hard time: Need recipes for 1 yo's bfast, lunch n dinner.

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:09 PM
  • 20 Replies
All u beautiful momas out there I need recipes for my 1 yo picky eater. That includes bfast,lunch, dinner n any healthy snaks. Having real hard time to feed him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvemboth
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:14 PM
4 moms liked this
Don't give into his pickiness. If you do, it'll only get worse from here. It can take a baby trying something a cpl dozen times before they truly decide if they like it. Feed him whatever you're eating...no need to make it hard on yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Offer what ever you are eating for those meals.  Have him try 3 bites of whatever it is and then give him a healthy alternative you know he will eat.  It will take 7-12 tiimes of them trying it to get used to that particular taste.

emdizzle64
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM

This!! 

Quoting luvemboth:

Don't give into his pickiness. If you do, it'll only get worse from here. It can take a baby trying something a cpl dozen times before they truly decide if they like it. Feed him whatever you're eating...no need to make it hard on yourself.

newmommy2012144
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Ladies thank u so much. My internet connection is down so it took me that long to reply. I m feeding him cerel since 6months every morning, that's why I thought he might be go boared. So I gave some yougurt with it n it turned out super fine but I ll keep ur advice in mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Matriarch87
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
There are a zillion ways to make eggs...he's gotta have a favorite. Mine loves them sunny side up. He thinks the yolk is honey. He says, "mommy I want eggs with the honey in the middle."
SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't give in to his pickiness. I know from experience how bad this can end up being. He will not starve. It is your job to provide food for him. It's his job to decide if he wants it or not. Don't plead and beg. Don't make any comment at all. He'll eat when he's hungry.

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Great advice luvemboth. :) 

@ newmommy >>  If you start fixing him something different from what everyone else is eating, then he will expect it to happen each and every time, all the time. Babies take several tries of any particular food before they decide that they actually like something. 

Quoting luvemboth:

ashley9603
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM

When my twins turned a year and I was able to start really giving them regular table foods,they were really picky.I never gave in.I kept offering what we were eating....now I know what they will eat,normally whatever is we are eating,not as much though.I sometimes break there meals up however just in case they would get hungry later.

zetajen
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM

my go to snack is steamed carrots. I have not met a kid that didn't like them. I went shopping with a friend and our kids were ready for a snack. the other mom had marshmellows and I had carrots. both kids ate the carrots.

I don't worry about picky eating. a child will eat when he/she is hungry. if the child doesn't eat lunch, put the plate in the fridge and pull it out when he/she wants to eat later.

kali_mom
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Definitely serve him what you are eating. He's a person just on a smaller scale. You still want to be mindful of any foods that may cause a reaction i.e. honey,peanut butter. Asking your pediatrician what to avoid is another option. Before you know it your little guy will be eating you out of house and home!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN