Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having super hard time: Need recipes for 1 yo's bfast, lunch n dinner.

All u beautiful momas out there I need recipes for my 1 yo picky eater. That includes bfast,lunch, dinner n any healthy snaks. Having real hard time to feed him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
LindaClement
by Linda on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Offer healthy foods and let him choose what to eat.

At this point, he should still be getting the majority of his nutrients either from your milk or from a product designed to mimic human milk, so what he will or will not eat in addition to that is irrelevant. 

Solid foods, at this point, are for exploring textures and smells and flavours far more than nutrient delivery.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Breakfast is normally eggs, real oatmeal or pancakes here with a fruit and greek yogurt

Lunch we normally do leftovers, sandwhichs, soups or salads

Dinner is a wide variety.

newmommy2012144
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Thank u all my dear frnds. He is just not  into eating n now he turned 1so  i thought he might ve got boaed like the way we ll if eating the same. But i m afraid is our food is digestible enough for that tiny tummy.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Yup. You keep switching food he'll when he refuses he'll keep refusing.

Offer a variety and often.

Say, eggs and dry toast at breakfast.

A.m. snack, yogurt and fruit.

Lunch, quesadilla and steamed carrots.

P.m. snack, cheerios and more fruit.

Dinner is whatever you have, within reason.

We eat so often that they won't starve if they refuse. It's better to maintain blood sugars through the day with many meals anyway. Gl!!

Quoting luvemboth:

Don't give into his pickiness. If you do, it'll only get worse from here. It can take a baby trying something a cpl dozen times before they truly decide if they like it. Feed him whatever you're eating...no need to make it hard on yourself.

the.warden
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM
My kids at that age liked oatmeal with strawberries and blueberries. I usually fed them whatever I was eating. That is my favorite thing for breakfast so it quickly became theirs.
newmommy2012144
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Ladies regarding the oatmeal, he eat garber oatmeal do I switch to ours? I mean the one we elders eat? Eat won't cauz ne harm?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM
This
Quoting frndlyfn:

Offer what ever you are eating for those meals.  Have him try 3 bites of whatever it is and then give him a healthy alternative you know he will eat.  It will take 7-12 tiimes of them trying it to get used to that particular taste.

mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:00 PM
No it will not hurt him. My boys never had baby cereal but have had oatmeal since 9mo.

Quoting newmommy2012144:

Ladies regarding the oatmeal, he eat garber oatmeal do I switch to ours? I mean the one we elders eat? Eat won't cauz ne harm?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Feed them what you eat pretty much. Always offer veggies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liliem
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I make oatmeal (like 3 days worth in advance and jar it for per day) and fruit: apple, banana, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, grapes, orange. Sometimes I will change the apple out with a pear. When nectarines and peaches are in season I use those, or mellons, etc. But I make 4 days worth and put them in per day containers. So I take 1 oatmeal and 1 fruit container and heat and mix until its just warm. He LOVES it and my nephew who is super picky LOVES it. It is really good. Would make an awesome smoothie. And they get all the fruit for the day and so many vitamins. I do a bottle of raw milk midday. Dinner I do veggies steamed in advance about 2 weeks worth kept in the freezer in the baby bullet thing. Veggies: cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, green beans, yellow squash, zuchini, organic frozen rainbow chard, kale, eggplant, etc. Then same portion of either sweet potato or acorn squash separate. Then I will take one bullet of each and warm with either brown rice with mung beans (made for like 1 weeks worth in advance jarred, keep some in freezer some in fridge), one egg (organic) boiled for 3 minutes and just the yolk, and chicken liver (I cut it in half (each side) and put in snack ziplocs, one on each side, and fold and freeze, about 2 weeks worth) freeze for 2 weeks and then take one and grate in the bowl first, while the egg is boiling, take egg out and warm the veggies with rice/mung beans (or quinoa, white rice, etc.). Then I puree the rice and veggies mix with a little water in a food processor, add to liver, then add the egg yolk (egg will have cooled enought to peel). I got this from Weston A. Price website, btw. He has been on a similar variation of this diet since about 5 months old. He might not like the dinner as such but you can make your own variation, like more sweet potato so he gets some of his veggies, etc., but he will LOVE the breakfast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured