Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms please help me decide

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM
  • 28 Replies
So me and soon to be hubby will finally be taking a vacation in about a week 1/2 it's only a 3 day vaca, but with the flights and times, we'll be gone for 5 nights. I have never left my 2 1/2 year old son for more than a day so I am having a very, very hard time. I was going to take him with, but were going to Vegas, so decided that wasn't the best idea.

Our parents will be flying up to be there but they all haven't been on a vacation in yeeeears so this will be well deserved.

My hubby's step mom and dad are the ones who watches Zayden for me when I go to work, but recently every time i have been asking him if he wants to go to "nanas or papas" he screams and cries and says no. I take him over there and now it's a constant battle. The second we pull up, he'll start whining. He won't act like this with his "gammy" though who he always wants to see. (He is a really big clinger to me keep in mind)

I think it's because they are lazy over there and do not interact with him. He goes over there and plays with the same toys by himself. So I've been hesitant about wanting to let them keep him the 4-5 days.

Nick, my hubby's, sweet sweet Gma who is great with kids is visiting and staying with his aunt and her daughter (who has two girls zaydens age and is a great mom) and is begging me to let them keep him while were gone. I am really thinking about it, it's just, the only thing is he doesn't know them that well and has only been to their place only a few times, where as, he goes to "nana and papas" house every week.

I feel like he will be less miserable there with my hubbies Gma and the kids since he'll have a swing set , people to interact with him, and other kids to play with. BUT then again i am afraid he will freak out and think I'm leaving him for good since its a new place with new people he's not used to yet :( :( :(. And I really really don't want my baby thinking I'm leaving him. It's making me emotional thinking about it!!!

Which place do you think would be best for him to take him too?

Sorry this is so long mamas
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoeMax
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 5:58 AM
4 moms liked this
I would say the aunt. Even though he doesn't know them that well, the kids his age will be a great distraction. And you say the aunt is a great mom, makes me think he will be adequately comforted when he does miss his mama. It sounds to me like he will have more fun with the aunt, maybe a change is just what he needs, rather than being independent and bored with gma.
Alyssa1988-21
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Lol almost exactly what I was going to say.

Quoting JoeMax:

I would say the aunt. Even though he doesn't know them that well, the kids his age will be a great distraction. And you say the aunt is a great mom, makes me think he will be adequately comforted when he does miss his mama. It sounds to me like he will have more fun with the aunt, maybe a change is just what he needs, rather than being independent and bored with gma.

momamanda
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I think I would send him to the aunts. having cousins around would be more fun! Maybe he could do half the time with Gma and half the time with aunty....

ThinkAgainMom
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

If he is happy and busy, he will spend A LOT less time missing you! (That hurts but it's true.  They can forget about you:).)

Quoting Alyssa1988-21:

Lol almost exactly what I was going to say.

Quoting JoeMax:

lkane81
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I say the aunt he will loosen up after a an hour.or.so.and.have a blast.
Shaei
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I agree with the other Momms.  It sounds like he would enjoy his time with the aunt more.  To help YOU feel less guilty you could consider having a gift for him that he opens each day.  Nothing major...just something small, like maybe a picture of you, SO, and Baby with a note that his aunt can read to him or a small Dollar Store toy.  That way he has something to look forward to each day in addition to fun times with his aunt and cousins.

mommy2zayden
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM
That's a good idea!!

Quoting Shaei:

I agree with the other Momms.  It sounds like he would enjoy his time with the aunt more.  To help YOU feel less guilty you could consider having a gift for him that he opens each day.  Nothing major...just something small, like maybe a picture of you, SO, and Baby with a note that his aunt can read to him or a small Dollar Store toy.  That way he has something to look forward to each day in addition to fun times with his aunt and cousins.

mommy2zayden
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Thank you mamas, you guys are making my decision easier!! I agree with taking him to the aunts and cousins house, it's just, idk if its sensory issues or just that he's still young, he has to go to a place several times to get used to it and be comfortable.. Especially to stay the night!!

For example, the park & chuck ee cheese, he used to be scared shitless to be at those places, but a couple times taking him, he got used to it (most the time) and loves going!

Another thing, the aunts house is an hour out of the way so her and the nana couldn't share half and half. I know it's out of the way for us, but I care more about where he will have most fun at!
woodswalker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I would leave him with the aunt with the two kids.  

atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Have fun.  Dh and I took many vacations alone when our girls were small.  Gave them time with the grandparents because we didn't live near them so it was special for everyone.  Your son will be just fine.  Have an awesome time.  Been to Vegas the last 2 years.  What fun!!!

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured