Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I'm new to this role.*update*

Posted by   + Show Post
My boyfriend and I live together and I have two kids and he has 3 kid. We have his every other weekend. Supposed to be Friday to Sunday but we always end up with then till Monday. I watch his the Friday night till he gets home from work. I asked if his kids could get dropped of at 8pm instead of 7 so I could get mine to sleep befits I get more kids in this house. His ex is trying to fight with me about it. I'm helping out by watching them,I don't have to. I think she should understand and stop fighting me. Its either I watch then at 8 or she had to wait till he gets home at 11pm. Any advice'....

Update- 3/22. She dropped the kids off at 5 like planned. Didn't say good bye to the kids or even thank me for changing the time. Just told me the baby should be hungry. I'm not mad that I had to feed him,I love feeding him he eats so well. I'm mad that I Changed my plans, to be home at this tine to shut get up and she couldn't even give me a thank you. Next weekend we have them she can wait until mine go to bed like I had planned on the first place since she can't be polite enough to thank me for canceling plans for her
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Replies (41-50):
heatherann2
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Its very rare hr is there till one, but lately its been 11 or midnight.

Quoting rayroe2:

This

He's work keeps him til 1am??

Quoting Jenn820:

That's insane. You need to talk to him about that, and hour, maybe even 10, but 1? Really?

If he so desperately wants to see his kids Friday night then he needs to figure out how to get home at a decent hour. As someone else said, it's completely selfish...the only person who benefits from that is him, and he's a parent so he needs to suck it up. He can go kiss them goodnight when he gets home. If he expects you to juggle all 5 kids, you need to have a routine, not just for you but for them. That would include a decent bedtime...even on weekends.

Quoting heatherann2:

Varies from 10pm to 1 am

liliem
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Tell her 8 or 11 if she keeps arguing. He gets visitation, not you.

heatherann2
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM
She just called him yelling and complaining. Said "its too late for HER kids" I have in. They will be here at 5 tonight cuz I'm done listening to them fight.

Quoting liliem:

liliem
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Sucks! That's 2 hours earlier... You totally lost that battle. 1 for her, 0 for you! Lol

Quoting heatherann2:

She just called him yelling and complaining. Said "its too late for HER kids" I have in. They will be here at 5 tonight cuz I'm done listening to them fight.

Quoting liliem:

heatherann2
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM
That's only for today. She is bashing him for not spending time with them so they need to be here earlier, uh he isn't here anyway. But only for this weekend! He and I are having a long talk tomorrow

Quoting liliem:

Sucks! That's 2 hours earlier... You totally lost that battle. 1 for her, 0 for you! Lol

Quoting heatherann2:

Quoting liliem:

liliem
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Yeah, good. Don't let anyone walk all over you. They need to work it out and they obviously need you for the help so its on your terms whether you are available and when. If anything, I would all of the sudden have plans until 8pm conveniently so they can both stop taking advantage. Obviously if he needs to see them more that can only be done when he is actually around. I hope he doesn't pay child support because this sounds like joint custody to me. 

Quoting heatherann2:

That's only for today. She is bashing him for not spending time with them so they need to be here earlier, uh he isn't here anyway. But only for this weekend! He and I are having a long talk tomorrow

Quoting liliem:

Quoting heatherann2:

Quoting liliem:

heatherann2
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:08 PM
No child support

Quoting liliem:

Yeah, good. Don't let anyone walk all over you. They need to work it out and they obviously need you for the help so its on your terms whether you are available and when. If anything, I would all of the sudden have plans until 8pm conveniently so they can both stop taking advantage. Obviously if he needs to see them more that can only be done when he is actually around. I hope he doesn't pay child support because this sounds like joint custody to me. 

Quoting heatherann2:

Quoting liliem:

Quoting heatherann2:

Quoting liliem:

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM

She's never going to be grateful or have any manners. You can't fix that special kind of stupid. Just keep telling yourself that the kids will see who is the adult and who is the child in the end. Getting to the end? That part will take a LOT of years and patience on your part, but it's worth it. My husband waited for about 20 years, but my son called him, thanked him and said he saw all of the little things that DH had done for him. The prize is a loooooong way out, but it's SO WORTH IT!!! 

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:39 PM
You're paving a long hard road for yourself by nitpicking over an hour, or wanting to her to show you verbal gratitude.

They're kids now too and she IS your problem.

Some pp's said make a schedule and deal with it, I agree.

That being said I never want to be a sm. Sorry but either make the best of it or find someone with less baggage. That would bug the shit outta me too!
heatherann2
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Thank you

Quoting MamaSnaps:

She's never going to be grateful or have any manners. You can't fix that special kind of stupid. Just keep telling yourself that the kids will see who is the adult and who is the child in the end. Getting to the end? That part will take a LOT of years and patience on your part, but it's worth it. My husband waited for about 20 years, but my son called him, thanked him and said he saw all of the little things that DH had done for him. The prize is a loooooong way out, but it's SO WORTH IT!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN