Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I'm new to this role.*update*

Posted by   + Show Post
My boyfriend and I live together and I have two kids and he has 3 kid. We have his every other weekend. Supposed to be Friday to Sunday but we always end up with then till Monday. I watch his the Friday night till he gets home from work. I asked if his kids could get dropped of at 8pm instead of 7 so I could get mine to sleep befits I get more kids in this house. His ex is trying to fight with me about it. I'm helping out by watching them,I don't have to. I think she should understand and stop fighting me. Its either I watch then at 8 or she had to wait till he gets home at 11pm. Any advice'....

Update- 3/22. She dropped the kids off at 5 like planned. Didn't say good bye to the kids or even thank me for changing the time. Just told me the baby should be hungry. I'm not mad that I had to feed him,I love feeding him he eats so well. I'm mad that I Changed my plans, to be home at this tine to shut get up and she couldn't even give me a thank you. Next weekend we have them she can wait until mine go to bed like I had planned on the first place since she can't be polite enough to thank me for canceling plans for her
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Replies (31-40):
heatherann2
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I know, I've told him this. She starts the fight, he gives in. I've told him to stop but he doesn't listen. I sent her a text asking of this weekend she could stop by so the three of us could talk she told me to just text. I told her id like to talk face to face as adults. She again threw a fit, so I gave up and said 8 pm is my final answer.

Quoting MamaSnaps:

Why does he bother to fight with her? All he has to say is "there's nothing I can do. heatherann2 has to be somewhere on friday's and can't be here until 8." The end. Let her throw a tantrum all she wants. If he continues to argue with her she's won. It's like a two year old. If you argue and beg them to stop throwing a tantrum, then finally give in and give them the candy they want they aren't going to stop throwing tantrums. There is no reason to! It gets them what they want. If you put them in time out and ignore the tantrum you teach them that their tantrums aren't going get them what they want. She knows her tantrums will get her what she wants.

Zazayam
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:35 PM

That's part of the deal with dating a guy with kids, sorry.

heatherann2
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I get that,I don't mind watching them. I just don't like her telling me what time it has to be, when again not in court paper work and he isn't the one watching them I am. If he was home I wouldn't care what time it was.

Quoting Zazayam:

That's part of the deal with dating a guy with kids, sorry.

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I feel for you there. You've got to re-train him!!! LOL! It's like having one more child!

Quoting heatherann2:

I know, I've told him this. She starts the fight, he gives in. I've told him to stop but he doesn't listen. I sent her a text asking of this weekend she could stop by so the three of us could talk she told me to just text. I told her id like to talk face to face as adults. She again threw a fit, so I gave up and said 8 pm is my final answer.

Quoting MamaSnaps:

Why does he bother to fight with her? All he has to say is "there's nothing I can do. heatherann2 has to be somewhere on friday's and can't be here until 8." The end. Let her throw a tantrum all she wants. If he continues to argue with her she's won. It's like a two year old. If you argue and beg them to stop throwing a tantrum, then finally give in and give them the candy they want they aren't going to stop throwing tantrums. There is no reason to! It gets them what they want. If you put them in time out and ignore the tantrum you teach them that their tantrums aren't going get them what they want. She knows her tantrums will get her what she wants.

heatherann2
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Lol, pretty much

Quoting MamaSnaps:

I feel for you there. You've got to re-train him!!! LOL! It's like having one more child!

Quoting heatherann2:

Quoting MamaSnaps:

Jenn820
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this
That's insane. You need to talk to him about that, and hour, maybe even 10, but 1? Really?
If he so desperately wants to see his kids Friday night then he needs to figure out how to get home at a decent hour. As someone else said, it's completely selfish...the only person who benefits from that is him, and he's a parent so he needs to suck it up. He can go kiss them goodnight when he gets home. If he expects you to juggle all 5 kids, you need to have a routine, not just for you but for them. That would include a decent bedtime...even on weekends.

Quoting heatherann2:

Varies from 10pm to 1 am

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I don't know if anyone brought this up, but:

Have him ask her to bring them over at 8. Let him deal with it. She might listen to him.

CafeMom Tickers
rayroe2
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Right if you want to work you have to accept. She has a life too
rayroe2
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:22 AM
This

He's work keeps him til 1am??

Quoting Jenn820:

That's insane. You need to talk to him about that, and hour, maybe even 10, but 1? Really?

If he so desperately wants to see his kids Friday night then he needs to figure out how to get home at a decent hour. As someone else said, it's completely selfish...the only person who benefits from that is him, and he's a parent so he needs to suck it up. He can go kiss them goodnight when he gets home. If he expects you to juggle all 5 kids, you need to have a routine, not just for you but for them. That would include a decent bedtime...even on weekends.

Quoting heatherann2:

Varies from 10pm to 1 am

heatherann2
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I get she has a life, but I have my own kids. The time had always been 730-8. But all of a sudden she wants it 6-7.

Quoting rayroe2:

Right if you want to work you have to accept. She has a life too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)