Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Burning hands and feet at night

Posted by   + Show Post
As long as I can remember I have always had a problem with burning hands and feet when I go to sleep. When I was younger I would keep a wet towel or keep a spray bottle and spray my feet to try and keep it cool. It would only work for a few seconds and it seemed as it would get worse. Almost like drinking water when you eat something really spicy..you get relief just for a bit and it gets worse...
It's worse some nights than others but last night it was unbearable..I had the fan on and even went to go put some peppermint essential oil on my hands and feet but I couldn't even feel it! I don't feel any pain..just frustration and annoyance since it disrupts my sleep. Does anyone else have this problem or know why this is happening?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Replies (11-13):
ameraznkimko
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Thanks for the Info

Quoting Bmat:

this is from webmd.com

A burning sensation in your feet may be caused by nerve damage in the legs, also called neuropathy. Although many medical conditions can cause burning feet, diabetes is the most common. Most burning feet treatments focus on preventing further nerve damage and reducing pain.

ameraznkimko
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I hate wearing shoes lol..it makes me feel like my feet are suffocating..I have been tested for gestational diabetes when I was pregnant but that's all..hmm thanks for the info

Quoting DaniandTom:

I've also always had that burning feet and hands and now have neuropathy in both. I did find that if my feet were hot during the day--closed up in heavy shoes that don't breathe--my feet would be worse at night. Extreme temperatures also tend to cause it to be worse for me. Keep your feet covered and clean, don't use heavy lotions and don't let them get too hot or too cold. Have you been tested for diabetes? Diabetes is the most common cause of neuropathy or nerve damage in the feet and hands. It's hard to pinpoint my cause as I am diabetic but also have herniated disks in my neck and lower back as well as arthritis in both my neck and lower back. Talk to your doctor and see what he recommends you try. Hope you get some relief!

marisab
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:03 PM

does anyone have nerve or diabetes caus ethose are signs of neurpathy. u should see a dr 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)