Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

help do you allow child to change name Pypar - Piper

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 16 Replies

This is my stepdaughters name Pypar and she hates it she spells it Piper but mom won't let dad pay to fix it on the birth certificate. Dad has custody with mom having very limited access to the children (14hrs a month). I understand that is the name she put thought into and thinks is perfect but the child hates it. She says it is misspelled and mispronounced.

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM
3 moms liked this

let her spell it the way she wants.. when she is old enough she can legally have it changed herself.

i know a girl whose name was Andrea (pronounce on-dr-e-ah) she cahnged it to Ondrea, and when she was old enough she had it legally changed

mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
If dad has custody why is he letting mom stop him? If child wants it changed change it. It will effect her trying to get jobs and stuff long before she is. Of age to change it herself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briellesmomma
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Bump for you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom-3girls-1boy
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM

With mothers consent a name change is a little over $200. Without concent it's $1500 because he will have to have an actual trial to plead the case of why you want it changed and why mom doesnt and we would have to serve her with the legal documents. 

Quoting mommaFruFru:

If dad has custody why is he letting mom stop him? If child wants it changed change it. It will effect her trying to get jobs and stuff long before she is. Of age to change it herself

EvilAsh
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM
4 moms liked this

I would hate it too, that's awful.

mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:12 PM
You are getting screwed over then. My mother changed my middle name when I was 7 and never had to notify my father(ncp)

Our bm changed my sdds last name and we didn't know about it till she came to visit!

Quoting Mom-3girls-1boy:

With mothers consent a name change is a little over $200. Without concent it's $1500 because he will have to have an actual trial to plead the case of why you want it changed and why mom doesnt and we would have to serve her with the legal documents. 

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SWasson
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:55 PM

How old is your SD? If she'd old enough, she should start campaigning her mother for approval, because she's the one who hates it (OK, I hate it too.) And seriously, let her spell it however she wants for normal, everyday stuff.

cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:00 PM

and how many year ago were you 7? times have changed it is alot harder to do things without both parents consent

Quoting mommaFruFru:

You are getting screwed over then. My mother changed my middle name when I was 7 and never had to notify my father(ncp)

Our bm changed my sdds last name and we didn't know about it till she came to visit!

Quoting Mom-3girls-1boy:

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Aslen
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Why does mom have a say if she such limited custody?

mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Mine was 20 My step daughters 2
Quoting cupcake_mom:

and how many year ago were you 7? times have changed it is alot harder to do things without both parents consent

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Quoting Mom-3girls-1boy:

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN