Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

2 year old son on Cedfinir need advice

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:52 PM
  • 7 Replies

My son has a sinus infection and is on Cedfinir. It is tearing his stomach up, he had had repeated blow-outs. We are leaving tomorrow on a trip and will be in the car for 10 hours. Is there anything I can do to help with soft stool?

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AromaDrops33
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:56 PM

My son has TERRIBLE allergies that always turn into sinus problems. I would recommend you try Melalueca essential oil on him the next time he starts to get one. It's wonderful and has no side effects

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:01 PM
I would find a new antibiotic. If not ask the dr. There was something I got packets of years ago to help this. Cannot remember the name now. Been too long. It was something crystals, I think. Lol. It helped. You put it on food or mixed with yogurt or pudding etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Stop hourly to change a diaper? How long has he been on it and how long does he have to go?

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

It's always a good idea to take probiotics while on an antibiotic. Unfortunately, diarrhea is a common side effect when taking abt's. How old is your son?

luckymom55
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:00 PM

my son is 2. So should I find a yogurt with probiotics? or are there other forms of probiotics? please excuse my ignorance ;) 

Rota
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Greek yogurt would be the choice if you decide to go the yogurt route. Don't get the sugary yogurts as that just feeds the bad bacteria.

Quoting luckymom55:

my son is 2. So should I find a yogurt with probiotics? or are there other forms of probiotics? please excuse my ignorance ;) 

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Mar. 21, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Yogurt is a great source of probiotics. You can buy a powdered form, the most common brand I've seen is Culturelle for Kids. It's very expensive (in my opinion)....close to $30 for a box of 30 single serve packets. You can get it at your local pharmacy. You can sprinkle a packet on any of his foods 1-2 times a day and continue it a week or 2 after the abt is completed. Yogurt would be a great alternative if that's too much money.

Quoting luckymom55:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)