Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

does your SO help you with the house cleaning?..

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:19 PM
  • 85 Replies

I mean maybe i'm being a little cranky, but damn it I hate having to cook and wash the same dang things, or pick up after 3 ppl that can help at the same time. Why do we always gotta do it??? :(. So how would you ask everyone to help get in on all of this?..

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bayliesmommy
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Mine does not help. Maybe once a month...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sarahlawson84
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Man like we don't get tired..

OliviaW.
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:23 PM
No
kman88
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

My SO cooks 75% of the time, and cleans(dishes, sweep/mop vacuum) when he gets bored/feels like it! Although he often neats the kitchen and living room up(clears off the counters and picks up dog toys or whatever stuff is on the floor)!!!! I am very lucky!

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

No.I'm a housewife so I usually have everything done before he's home anyways,plus I'd prefer he spends his little time off work with us as a family.The few times I've gotten behind he has jumped in and helped or atleast asked if I needed help,and he completely takes over everything when I'm sick.

boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:27 PM
My dh helps out but he's not very proactive lol. He'll help if I ask but he needs to be told first. Otherwise he comes home and plays with dd while I handle the housework (I wah).
sarahlawson84
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:29 PM

can I get some fairy dust, lol...

kim8934
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I tell SO, when you cook, I'll clean up and when I cook, he gets to clean up...this only works about half the time.

I did lose it one day and told everyone 'next time I find a peanut butter knife not washed off, I WILL MAKE YOU LICK THAT PEANUT BUTTER OFF'  amazingly, that has worked.

vwd_johnson
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Mine always helps. Just speak up and be honest!
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

We all help otherwise the house would be even messier.  DD is 7 now so she is learning how to put her clothing away when it is clean or dirty in the hamper.  My guy vacuums, does dishes, makes dinner etc.   I clean bathroom and do laundry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)