Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

baby carriers

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:25 AM
  • 17 Replies
I have a cursor even flo carrier for my son, but want to get a more expensive and comfortable one. Everyone swears by define and I will be carrying him in that thing for a long while if I pay that much for it!!! I haven't seen one under 100 bucks and boy do I window shop. My shoulders are killing me and I heard the one I had is bad for him in the long run (i have crunchy friends) any suggestions on where/how to snag a good deal on an ergo or an alternative that is just as comfy for mom and baby? They should have baby expos where moms can test things out before spending all this money geesh!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shygirl951
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:26 AM
*cheap, I don't know why my phone is auto correcting me lol not cursor, cheap!
MissMia22
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Look on amazon...i just ordered an ergo for 100
Shygirl951
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:33 AM
I'm on there now lol thanx. Do you love it like everyone else?
almondpigeon
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:36 AM

i've never tried an ergo, but i love, love, love my moby.  i've tried several different styles of wraps/carriers/slings & the moby is the 1st one i've ever used that didn't break my back and actually kept the baby secure feeling.  on their website, they are priced from $50 - $75, but i got mine on ebay for around $20.  the one i bought had been used only once, so i felt like it was a good deal.

Zazayam
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:02 AM

You might check a baby/children's/preggo consignment shop. Or make one, if you're craftsy. Could maybe get one of your crunchier friends to make one for you ;)

I just made a ring sling and it's amazing.

Momma2013
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:17 AM
People sell them on cafemom for about $80. Theyre used but in good condition. Pm me if you want details on the group.
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I would get an ergo or a boba. They have a better seat, and don't cause hip displasia like some other carriers do. A sling or wrap, depending on the age, would work too. 

anotherandree
by Inga on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I had just a regular, no frills sling and I LOVED it.  A friend made it for me!  

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/sling.html

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Stay away from crappy brands like Evenflo, Baby Bjorn, Infantino, Snugli etc.

How old is your baby?

For newborns, I love wraps (moby style) or slings. Once they get older, I prefer the Ergo or a woven wrap. I use my Ergo comfortably until toddlerhood. I spent $150 on mine, and $25 for the infant insert- and it was well worth the money.

If you're not planning on having more children, you can sell it and get a lot of your money back.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM

You should look into New native sling. i have one and love it!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)