Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice for Ann. Trip.... Please...

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi,

My husband  and I are going to be celebrating our anniversary at the end of April. He wanted to do something big so we are going to be going to Gatlinburg. I am going to be about 29 weeks pregnant. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to stay comfortable while walking alot. Or if there was any tips or tricks that anyone has come across to keep feet from being sore or swelling to bad or keep my back from hurting to bad. Or any other tips or tricks for trips in the third trimester.

Anything will help... Thank you so much! embarrassed

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Go a hotel with a pool. Drink lots of water. Take cabs/ trollys/ public transportation when ever you can. Remind him your making a person and that while youre excited to be doing this priority 1 is your little one... So there need to be concessions. Long leisurely lunches, long leisurely dinners... Feet up... And have fun! Try to respect your body to the best of your ability and take good care of it. 

We too are going on anniversary trip.. But to resort in the fl. Keys.. And thankfully, im not prego!

Best wishes for a great trip! , 

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

TONS of water or gatorade. Arnica rub for the back (it's all natural and pretty amazing.) GOOD walking shoes that SUPPORT your feet-not running shoes!! Something that has more support. 
Stop and smell the roses! LOL! Stop often to sit, look, rest... More water or gatorade.   

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:44 PM

This is really good advice!!

Quoting MamaSnaps:

TONS of water or gatorade. Arnica rub for the back (it's all natural and pretty amazing.) GOOD walking shoes that SUPPORT your feet-not running shoes!! Something that has more support. 
Stop and smell the roses! LOL! Stop often to sit, look, rest... More water or gatorade.   

Zazayam
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Comfy shoes, even if they're the uggliest things you own! Lots and lots of water, and don't hesitate to take as many rests as you need.

You'll be fine, have fun! And happy anniversary :)

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Congratulations on your anniversary! Have a wonderful vacation. I went across the country (airplane) when I was 8 months. I found that too much walking did cause problems. So I'd recommend stopping every so often to just sit and rest or maybe get a snack or beverage. Walk slowly. Limit how much walking you do every day- you can perhaps schedule shows or drives a couple times a day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured