Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

what's wrong with my baby? piog

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM
  • 18 Replies

Eugene is just shy of seven months old. Wehave breastfed beautifully since birth, done solids (which he loves) for about a month. 

When he was born, he wasn't a spitter at all. Overtime, beginning at around two months, he started spitting just a little. It gradually increased so at four ish months he needed to wear a bib all the time and that bib needed to be swapped two or threee times a day just to keep him dry. Now, at seven months, I feel like he can't keep anything down and it is starting to worry me. Seriously, after about every second or third feeding, he projectile vomits what looks like double what he just ate. I'm worried. 

The doctor mentioned at his last checkup that he was slightly off his growth curve but we didn't worry since he breastfeeds. I have never mentioned his spitting to her cause I don't want him drugged and I wasn't worried before. Well now I'm starting to worry. What is wrong with him? An allergy? Something else? What can I do to figure this out? Please help. My instincts say this is something more than just the stomach flu. What do I do first?

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

They're not going to drug babies. I'd guess it's just a weak lower esophogeal sphincter. Could be reflux. Could also be that he is getting a LOT of air somehow. Usually projectile vomiting is forced up by air/gas under the food he's throwing up. 

MamiiCaliente
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Sounds like acid reflux. Have you tried changing his milk? Adding rice to it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Dont worry about drugging him, take him to the dr to see what he/she says. If they suggest drugs, ask for an alternative way. Sounds like air or allergy to me. 

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM

If you don't agree with treatment you can say no.  Ask in the breastfeeding group they can be of more help.

mrshmnd
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Wyatt my almost 4 month old is like that... they told us to feed in smaller doses... But we also feed from the bottle not the breast... also... I was told by my doctor when he is going thru a growth spurt and teething he will do this.. 

Which still keeps me worried but now that I feed him like 2oz. take a mini break 2 more and if he wants the next 2 then do more... But he will also eat alot more often...  Im sorry your son isn't doing well my prayers everything will work out soon...  :)   Stay strong mom... 

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Go with your instincts. You suspect something isn't right, so go to the doctor and find out for sure. Please keep us updated.

Maddie303
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Best to ask the ped.. My daughter started spitting up and throwing up at around three months, and we found she has food allergies.. 

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Could be something in your diet.  I noticed around 2months Milo was tummy was upset when I had pasta, broccoli, and any type of bean. I eliminated them and he was fine.  It takes a month for them to fully exit his system and your milk.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:59 PM

She is breastfeeding.  (:  

Quoting MamiiCaliente:

Sounds like acid reflux. Have you tried changing his milk? Adding rice to it?

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

HappyTimes100
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM
It sounds a lot like reflux. I would call your doctor.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)