Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I wish I could sleep for a year straight

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:51 PM
  • 14 Replies

Then this all would be far behind me. This has been the worst 3 days of my life I think. My half brother was killed in what we were told was a home invasion. He was in his 20s. He was a single dad. He left behind a 2 year old and 2 month old. My mom is taking them in but since everything was stolen from their house she is searching for clothes, beds, car seats and everything else for them. I feel like the sky opened up and crapped on me. Next to my partner he was my best friend. He stood up with me at my wedding. I will forever miss him. Now we have to figure out how to tell his son he is gone. He was a good man gone to soon. Thanks for reading it feels good to get it all out somewhere instead of just keeping it bottled up.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ninjabubble
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Holy moly. I'm praying for you and your family!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicolemead91
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Omg! This is soo sad! I'll be praying for ur family!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

This is horrible. I am very sorry for your loss.  You all are in my prayers.

iamcafemom83
by Mariah on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Oh My Lord! I am so sorry for your loss and for his children! 

Facebook is amazing for things like that. If you reach out to just your friends it becomes viral and people love to give and help with things they have just stored somewhere. At this point in time take the help. It will get them through the immediate panic and you can pay it forward down the line. There is always going to be someone else somewhere in life that will be needing help, it'll be your (and your mom's) turn to pay it forward then. 

happymommato6
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Quoting MamaSnaps:

Oh My Lord! I am so sorry for your loss and for his children! 

Facebook is amazing for things like that. If you reach out to just your friends it becomes viral and people love to give and help with things they have just stored somewhere. At this point in time take the help. It will get them through the immediate panic and you can pay it forward down the line. There is always going to be someone else somewhere in life that will be needing help, it'll be your (and your mom's) turn to pay it forward then. 

Thanks for the advice. We did something similar on craigslist and were given a crib, and some diapers. But I do understand times are hard for everyone right now. I was told by a few family friends to make wish lists at a few stores online so people can see what they need. Hoping that works well also.
prp2014
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I understand the situation you are in. I was in a similar one before and received alot of help from people in my community. Most I didn't even know.So I would like to help you to pay that forward. If the wishlists are online can you post the links so we can see?

2curly
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I am so sorry for your loss

happymommato6
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Quoting prp2014:

I understand the situation you are in. I was in a similar one before and received alot of help from people in my community. Most I didn't even know.So I would like to help you to pay that forward. If the wishlists are online can you post the links so we can see?

Thank you any help is greatly appreciated. The link to one of them is: http://www.walmart.com/giftregistry/gr_detail.do?registryId=80510813158
Mommytoaangel
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Pm me i can help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)