Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I went to Mcdonld's tonight and met some friends there.  OK no big we all enjoyed a nice conversation while the children played.  I was one of the last ones to leave because I had to get hubby some dinner and my kids some ice cream that I had promised them.  Well while I was standing in line placeing my order a parent came up to me (our boys go to the same school).  stating that She thought I did not like mcdonalds. SHe proceded to tell me that GOD would get me in the end because I was at Mcdonald's because i told her I did not go to Mcdonalds.  Well I have not spoken to her in over 2 years.  We hardly cross paths and when we do I always say Hi! and nothing else because I am on my way to my classroom or walking with my class down the hallway.  What GIVES?  Now whenever she sees me she feels it nessecary to embarress me in public.  I did not answer her I was just way too shocked.  She walked away with her nose in the air like she is the perfect Christian.  AUGH so aggrrevating.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Replies (11-18):
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM

She may be confusing you with someone else, or her memory is faulty, or she is just a mixed up lady. Shrug and ignore her.

Moe1521
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I probably would have just ignored it and walked away. Not to be rude..... just because I probable wouldn't be able to bite my tongue any other way. I'm not much for confrontation, but I don't like it when people purposely go out of their way to embarrass me.

MJP76
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Crazy is as crazy does.

Cheribomb
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM

i would laugh in her face & call her a fucking wierdo..  why worry about what some nutjob thinks or says?

Photobucket

liliem
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:52 PM

You lost me at McDonalds...

scorpiobabes
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I usually get attacked by people I've known in the same way. I'm always stunned too-why does anyone feel that they are permitted to embarass someone else in public over something trivial? The next time that she approaches you and starts this shit, smile sweetly and ask loudly where she got the right to judge you? Besides, you said that you met friends there, but only that you were getting dinner for DH and ice cream for the kiddos-did she see you eat? Was she jealous of you meeting your friends?

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Isn't it in the bible to not judge others?

Sorry. I don't remember as I don't follow the bible.

That seems a little hipocritical though. To me at least.

Judge not lest ye be judged.< as far as I remember.

You have the right to go anywhere you want to go. 

CafeMom Tickers
mcknitro
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Yep. Sounds like a nut job to me. I also would have said "Do I know you?" And then turned my back on her while shaking my head and muttering "crazy".
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN