Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

birth control question

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM
  • 23 Replies

I really don't want anymore kids right now but I don't like to take meds. I just see all these side effects/issues and want to avoid that. I don't even like take tylonol when I have a headache. I just don't really beileve in taking something unless I absolutely have to. I'm sure alot of you think that sounds crazy but im overly paranoid. lol.

What I really wanna know is what has worked for you?

Other then not having sex lol...or wearing condoms.

I might just be sol. haha.

IS THERE ANYTHING NATURAL ANYONE HAS TRIED!?

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I was on the pill for over 20 years.  Zero side effects and never got pregnant unless I wanted to.  Other than condoms I know of nothing else to use. 

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Mama_Dolly
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:52 PM
You can try natural family planning. Where you take your temp with a btt (basel body thermometer) every day same time after at least 3 hrs of sleep. And chart them. It can tell you when you ovulated. But until you get use to it I would suggest comdons as well.

The basic idea is you avoid your fertile window. Which is 4 days before and 4 days after ovulation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/withdrawal-pull-out-method-4218.htm

Here is some information on the pull out method which is surprisngly effective. Only about 4/100 of women a year become pregnant on this method but it must be done properly otherwise it isn't effective. You can also use a female condom or diaphragm. I am on the micro pill, but I have major hormonal issues so it isn't just for pregnancy prevention, it's for hormone balance as well. There is also an IUD you can get that is non hormonal if that's a route you would like to go.

DragonMother10
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I was on the Depo shot, but the only thing I didn't like about it is my hair would fall out. Thankfully I have a lot of hair. After I have my second baby, I am getting my tubes tied.
emdizzle64
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM

It's stuff like that that scares me :/
I don't wanna take something thats gonna make my hair fall out...or worse but i'm not really ready for baby #3 haha.

I've thought about getting my tubes tied but i'd hate to do it and then regret it later on if for some reason I decided to try to have another.

Quoting DragonMother10:

I was on the Depo shot, but the only thing I didn't like about it is my hair would fall out. Thankfully I have a lot of hair. After I have my second baby, I am getting my tubes tied.

Bleacheddecay
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:51 PM

IUD without any hormones did well for me.

emdizzle64
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Did it hurt when you got it put in? does it feel weird after it's in? Did you have any complications with it?

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Bleacheddecay
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:57 PM

It didn't hurt being put in. It didn't feel weird. I didn't have any complications. There was a little blood when it was put in, very little.

Quoting emdizzle64:

Did it hurt when you got it put in? does it feel weird after it's in? Did you have any complications with it?

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Raeann11
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I like my diaphragm. We like to do things natural too around here. I have used one for 6/7 years and love it.

DragonMother10
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:45 PM
There is always a risk of side effects with any "drug" you take. I have to get my tubes tied because it's a high risk to have more babies after 2 c-sections and being 30+. If my husband and I decide for more kids, adoption is an option. The only thing with getting tubes tied and untied is the money factor, unless you have good insurance.

Quoting emdizzle64:

It's stuff like that that scares me :/
I don't wanna take something thats gonna make my hair fall out...or worse but i'm not really ready for baby #3 haha.

I've thought about getting my tubes tied but i'd hate to do it and then regret it later on if for some reason I decided to try to have another.

Quoting DragonMother10:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN