Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Help! Daughter won't bathe!

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM
  • 19 Replies

Hello everyone! For the longest time my 2 yr old DD loved bath time and playing in a tub of water.  Recently, however, she won't take a bath! Everytime I start the bath, she runs away and when I get her in the tub, she just stands there crying and wanting to come out, so I have to speed bathe her while she is standing! Has anyone else had this problem? Is this just a 'stage'?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE:  Thank you so much everyone for all the advice!! I did try to start the shower, haha, that didn't go so well.  So I ended up getting some new tub toys - swimming toys and tub crayons -(she only had duckies before), and they distracted her enough that she didn't cry and try to climb out.  She wouldn't sit, but at least she had fun standing there coloring on the bathroom wall :)  Thanks again!!

~Let go, and Let God~

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM
4 moms liked this

What about a shower with you???

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

steffielou_who
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM
My boys were probably 2 when they started showering.. I would wash them and sit in there with them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:33 PM

It is definitely a phase, we had that with dd especially when it came to hair washing.  How about trying to engage her in different water toys or games.  Blowing bubbles at her so she can splash around to catch them.

aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you usually bathe her before bed?

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:42 PM

my DD was 100% on showers by that age. she takes a bath maybe once every month, but showers every day,  she will be 4 in July.

ETA: always showered alone.  i helped in the begining, but by the age of 3 she was washing herself.  i only help with hair

Queen_Bree
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM

My daughter is 8 she hates to take a shower or bath. I think it is because she is afraid she will miss something while she is in there. I know how frustrating it can be... I usually get her to take a shower with me without a fuss. Maybe you can try to shower with her or get some new fun toys. I wish you the best...

MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:12 PM
My kids love baths. They get to play with toys in there. Sorry I'm no help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM

play with her

take a bath with her

shes just in her terrible twos be patient

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I think its a stage because my  2yr old son has started to do the same thing, he used to love water but now I have to force him in, and especially washing his hair is a battle. I never dealt with it with any of my other kids so I just hurry up and wash him up and take him up and then he's fine.

He is starting to have mood swings so hopefully this too shall pass.

By the way I love your profile pic, its so cute and hilarious.

Good luck!

illinoismommy83
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Add some special tub-only toys? 

Most little kids hate having their hair washed and hate water in their eyes. Just gotta get them over it by making the rest of the bath fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN