Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Help! Daughter won't bathe!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello everyone! For the longest time my 2 yr old DD loved bath time and playing in a tub of water.  Recently, however, she won't take a bath! Everytime I start the bath, she runs away and when I get her in the tub, she just stands there crying and wanting to come out, so I have to speed bathe her while she is standing! Has anyone else had this problem? Is this just a 'stage'?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE:  Thank you so much everyone for all the advice!! I did try to start the shower, haha, that didn't go so well.  So I ended up getting some new tub toys - swimming toys and tub crayons -(she only had duckies before), and they distracted her enough that she didn't cry and try to climb out.  She wouldn't sit, but at least she had fun standing there coloring on the bathroom wall :)  Thanks again!!

~Let go, and Let God~

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Replies (11-19):
woodswalker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Time for showers.  

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM

DD is 2 1/2 and we are going through that :(

I try to engage her.  I actually bought a bottle of bubble bath with Tinkerbell on it and come bath time, I let her do "special bubbles" which seems to work for now.  Otherwise, I grin and bear it and try to go through bathes as quick as possible.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Try bath toys, colorful bubble bath, or a shower
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Bathing her standing up is fine.  I'd just do it calmly and not make a big deal about it. One of those hand held shower things would work, too. Good luck!

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Showers. If you have a hose on your showerhead get one of those things that moves the showerhead down to her level
whoodathunk
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Is she verbal?  If so, ask her. At two, my daughter spoke very well.  At three and four, some kids don't.  It's worth a try.

EvilAsh
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM

She won't take a bath? Make her. Be the parent. 

My daughter, when she was 3, went through that phase. She was afraid of the drain. 

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:55 PM

IT is a stage. My now 7 year did this around that time. He cried and we just got through it.  After a couple of months...he was fine.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

notabosley
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I have to shower with my DD most nights, she seems to think she's missing out on something. She's 2 &1/3, this started right after her second birthday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)