Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Shopping for first baby!

Posted by   + Show Post

There are so many nice things out there which is exciting but confusing. I have been looking at crib bedding and the prices range from like $200 to over $1000, how much is reasonable to spend, is $1000 bedding worth it?

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Replies (11-15):
Beth3721
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Do what makes you happy!  There are other ways to use bumpers and comforters if you really want the whole set.  You can put the comforter up on a wall as a decoration or hang it over a chair.  Put the bumber on the base of the crib.  If you can afford it then go for it.

Quoting Luvmykids7:

Thanks so much for all your replies!  This will be my first and most likely only child and I really want him/her to have a gorgeous nursery so I guess I just have to find one I love as crib bedding seems in general to be a bit of a waste! lol!

clynn79
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:01 PM
When I had my daughter 15 year ago my family throw me a shower and I got everything my family came in and sent stuff from all over. I didn't know what I was having. Then I re used it for my other children. Then 3 year's ago we adopted a little girl and we spent little to much on bedding but she did sleep in the crib all the time. Till bout two month's ago when we got her a toddler bed. My other children helped pick stuff out and fix her room nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emdizzle64
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I'm gonna be honest with you, I think crib bedding is kind of a rip off.

I was super excited to get one for my son and picked out a super nice one and was so excited for him to sleep in his bed!

Turns out I would have been better off just to get some sheets,baby blankets,and a dust ruffle( I think they look nice)

This set came with:

The quilt: It was really bulky and I didn't even like using it. I prefered using soft little blankets
The sheet: A sheet is a sheet. lol
Bumper pads: I deffinetely wouldn't reccomend them for little babies. (I ended up putting them on my sons bed once he started crawling...He got his leg stuck between the bars and would bump his head)
The dust ruffle: I like these for looks, like I said above.
Diaper case thingy: I've used that like once.

For me it was more of like a sentimental thing then something really nessecery.
With my daughter i'm probley only gonna buy sheets,blankets,a dust ruffle,and bumper pads when she gets older. 

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:16 PM

We co sleep so spend very little on a crib.  our bedding is always hand made.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

wolfybaby
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:58 AM

thank goodness i didnt buy a new crib with all the fancy stuff [i bought a used crib from a friend for $40.. got sheets at the baby shower, and plenty of hand-made blankets and quilts]. at 5-6 months old, my daughter ended up coming into my bed and she hasnt left since! and no, i never, ever thought i would co-sleep, even despite how natural i am otherwise!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)