Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Baby (20 month) won't eat supper

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

He usually eats what we are eating for supper.

No he has started to get mad when we try to feed him, won't feed himself and we let him go so we can eat.  Then he gets a snack before bed so he's not going to bed hungry, we started this b/c he wouldn't have eaten since 3 until breakfast the next morning.

Is it a phase? Or could something be wrong?

Did any of your babier do this?

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I have always trusted my kids to know what they need. They won't starve themselves. Make sure you're not offering anything unhealthy, or he isn't drinking his calories, and then just let him decide.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Don't give any junk. Keep serving veggies, meats and fruits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rachel_2010
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM

We don't give him juice or anything.  He gets whole milk/water/milk/water as the day goes on.

I just worry b/c he eats a small lunch already.  His after nap snack is almost as big as lunch.

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:05 PM
It's not unusual for toddlers to not eat much. My dd is 2 and doesn't eat dinner at all some days.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:07 PM

My kids got breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack and then bed. Make sure you aren't giving milk too close to meals. Make sure his snacks are healthy, raw fruits or veggies. If his snacks are unhealthy he will purposely hold out for that and not eat the main meals. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

brittany208
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I would just put a couple healthy choices on his plate/tray for him and let him pick at them if he's interested. I would probably make a big deal about "ooh, look what mommy has. mmmm yummy!!" just because. and maybe try to sneak him a bite every once in a while. but i wouldnt worry too much. as long as you are consistently offering a variety of healthy foods, he's not going to starve himself. 

SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Quoting rachel_2010:

We don't give him juice or anything.  He gets whole milk/water/milk/water as the day goes on.

I just worry b/c he eats a small lunch already.  His after nap snack is almost as big as lunch.

It's been said that toddlers survive on air and the occational chicken nugget.   Seriously, it's super common for toddlers to hardly eat anything.  Their growth rate slows way down, so their intake needs decrease.

My 4 and 7 year olds still go through periods of hardly  eating... and they're both very healthy!   :)  

rachel_2010
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:15 PM

We only give healthy snacks and foods :)

He only gets speacial stuff if I have him in the car over lunch, like sharing a bagel with me.

He throws food when he doesn't want it...

So just going to wait and see what he does in the next week or so

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)