Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a little help (trying to conceive)

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:03 AM
  • 9 Replies

We have been trying to have another baby, I did have a miscarriage last march it was a ectopic pregnancy. I got my period last month in february on the 20th and had it for 3 days my periods are always short no more then 5 days at that. This month my period did not come till the 23rd (march) so if I caculated right than that is 30 days or 31 days since my last one. I have been having pregnancy symptoms such as tender swollen boobs, fatigue, hormones and getting sick. I know when my period is coming but this month has not felt normal. so is it possible to get a period still if you did get pregnant. My period did not come as heavy as normal, it was very light and not as dark in blood.Any advice?

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:27 AM
yes it is possible. you need to go have a blood test done.
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I agree. First and foremost you need to have a blood test done. If it is negative, then you need to have a conversation with your OB about the changes in your cycle.

Good luck

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

Quoting frndlyfn:

yes it is possible. you need to go have a blood test done.

averysmommom
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:35 PM

My sister's period has always been pretty irregular and she was preggers for a long time before she realized she was. She a few "period like days" spotting and whatnot. She had her baby 3 weeks after she found out she was pregnant. Good luck I hope you are!

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:38 PM

It's possible. I'ts also possible to convince your body you are pregnant when you are not. Go to the dollar store and pee on a stick.

amandaxshawn08
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Check out the TTC group. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:01 AM

I had a period for the first month or two of all 4 of my pregnancies, a little lighter/shorter then normal. No idea how common that is or if it's normal, just my experience. Good luck on the baby making :)

mepluss4
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Its not a period exactly because your body does not produce eggs during pregnancy but if you concieve close to your cycle then you might bleed for a couple days but it would be much lighter than a usual period. There are other reasons to bleed too like between 6-8 weeks because the placenta is attaching to the uterin wall. Bleeding after 8 weeks is rare unless you are very sensitive and have intercourse or other irritation, like a PAP and carrying twins is another common reason for spotting. 

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Take a test and check out hte TTC group.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

crystena
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Thank you all for the advice, I ended up getting my period very bad the next day and have been having very bad blood clots, I did talk to a doctor so it may be that my other tube is damaged as well so the doctor is looking into ultrasounds and worse comes to worse the other one must be taken out so that means no more babies for me that makes me really sad because I am almost 22 and only have one child and wish to have another but odds are not in my favor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured