Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Paycheck

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:53 AM
  • 23 Replies
6 moms liked this

DH got his first paycheck in almost 2 years Friday. He took me out to dinner and we had a great time pigging out at the Chinese buffet!! We stopped by the store to get dog food and he came out with 2 bags full of dog food and doggie treats. He got me a chocolate bunny and a Subway gift card to use for my lunches. At home he proceeded to give me $100 to use anyway I wanted! He said it was my birthday present late. Today I got my nails done, my eyebrows waxed and had lunch with friends. I can hardly ever afford to do that. The check was for 1 week and from now on it will be direct deposit every 2 weeks. He said he felt really good about taking me out instead of me paying for everything. I know it was hard for him when he wasn' woring. When I wasn't working I hated it on his payday!!

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
veganistic
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:10 AM
That's wonderful!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kgsharber
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Yayyy!!!! Sounds like you 2 had fun!!

thatgirl70
by Carin on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Yay!

We were in the same predictament. DH was out of work for almost 2 years and we had to live off of my measly salary. It felt so good when he found a job and he got that paycheck (though I think they held it back for 3 weeks). I don't remember what we did with it though (other than pay bills), LOL.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Awww yay!
Zazayam
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:46 AM

That's great, good for you guys :)

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:02 AM

Well, as for the bills....a few weeks ago I guy rear-ended me. It was not a bad wreck and both cars were drivable. He begged me not to call the cops but I did. It turns out he didn't have a license. He was driving a friends car and fortunately the friend had insurance. It hurt my back a little and scratched my fender.bumper. The insurance agent took pics and gave me a check for $410 to fix it. My car is 11 years old! You ca hardly see the scratches!The insurance agent is sending me a check for $200 for pain and suffering. So that is the rent right there! Our rent includes power, water, gas and cable. We have to pay for our phone and internet. (Now that DH works for Time Warner we will get our internet for free!) If my car was newer I might get it painted but not now. Plus, we HAVE to get DH a car as soon as possible so the rent money can go into the bank.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 24, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Yay! Glad you had fun!
mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:43 AM
That's wonderful! I couldn't imagine my df not working! That's one plus t. Being a business owner!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

What did you do for money before he was working? Wouldn't it be a good idea to catch up on bills and whatnot first? 

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Thank you so much for posting about this. It makes me smile to think of how much better both of you feel. ((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)