Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My 5 year old daughter

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:32 PM
  • 5 Replies
Shes 5 and for some reason is hiding food in cabinets and stuff i dont understand i understand lying about it to not get in trouble but hiding it in the first place just baffles me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
EvilAsh
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:33 PM

You understand lying? Why? It's acceptable for her to be lying by 5 years old? My 2 and 4 year old know better.

As for the hiding stuff, my girls have been through that stage as toddlers.

kirab5
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Kids lie when they dont want to get in trouble that i understand she spends 5 and a half months with my ex and comes back a wreck i swear he doesnt raise her at all
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I am betting something went on there that involved food.  Most children hide food when they are afraid that there will be nothing to eat when they are actually hungry.  It could also be the start of a food dependence in a child.   What consequences do you have set up for the lying as well as the food hiding?   Keep talking to her about how honesty is best when mommy is talking to her.

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Could she be hiding food because she doesn't get enough food when she is at her dad's?  I would talk to her peditrician about this.  

funhappymom
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I agree with the others. Oftentimes, kids will hide food when they feel like they will either get into trouble for asking, will be told no or when they feel like they're not getting enough food.

It's completely normal, however something you may want to look into with her being at her dads.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN