Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

HELP! Diaper Rash question

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:46 PM
  • 25 Replies

It's sunday so the doc's office is closed.. i just changed my son and he has diaper rash that is bleeding?!?! He has only had a mild case of d-rash 3 times in the short 6 months he's been here. i haven't changed his food or given him anything new. has anyone experienced it? he doesn't seem to be bothered by it though.. freaking out

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seans_mommy123
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:15 PM

i'm going through something similar with my 11 month old. At first i thought it was because of the antibiotic I was on (I bf him) but it cleared up after i stopped and then came back worse that it was. I'm going to be calling the pediatrician in the morning to hopefully be seen. I've been using triple paste on it in the mean time. 

taraf529
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:58 PM

my bff had the same thing as you with her daughter and it ended up being a yeast infection.. i called the doc and the on call called me back.. he said it sounds like he had a small blister and it ruptured when i wiped him.. when asked what causes that he said anything could really, but told me to use neosporin or something similar that's an antibiotic and if it doesn't look like it's clearing up in a couple of days to come in.. because the baby isn't bothered by it he's not overly concerned, but if it's starts to bother him then it's something more than just a rash.. :(.. keeping fingers crossed it goes away.. keep me updated on your LO. :)

Marimaru
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Put hydrocortizone cream on it, but definitely get it looked at.  They'll want to rule out staph.

KawaiiLila
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Omg a friend of mine's daughter had a staph infection down there when she was little she still has all kinda of red bumps and a rash like thing down there but her mom said it was apparently normal after that.

Quoting Marimaru:

Put hydrocortizone cream on it, but definitely get it looked at.  They'll want to rule out staph.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Most commonly when babies get these rashes and you can't get rid of them through desitin or the normal remedies they are actually yeast. If you have some mycelex or lamisil try it on his little bottom. 

Leave him out of the diaper as much as you can too. Drying it out helps A LOT!!! That dark, damp area is just an awesome playground for yeast!!!

bagelsmom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:44 PM

can you call your pediatrician--some docotr's either will call you back or have a nursing service on call. i would do this before i put ANYmedication on your 6 month old. not sure what type of health insurance you have but some insurance companies also offer a 24hour on-call nursing service.

icn_mom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:47 PM

bag balm! worked like a charm on my dd :)

momamanda
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Yes leave him pantless when you can with a towl under him and when you diaper him put cornstarch on him. It works great!

Lullababy
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Coconut oil or shae butter are very soothing and healing. You can use a drop of tea tree oil with a table spoon of oil/butter and it will help. When urine a feces mix they become corrosive to the skin :( 

brvdsmom
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Put breast milk on it 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN