Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

HELP! Diaper Rash question

Posted by   + Show Post

It's sunday so the doc's office is closed.. i just changed my son and he has diaper rash that is bleeding?!?! He has only had a mild case of d-rash 3 times in the short 6 months he's been here. i haven't changed his food or given him anything new. has anyone experienced it? he doesn't seem to be bothered by it though.. freaking out

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Replies (21-25):
taraf529
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM

oh yeah he never even flinched.. i was shocked.. because it was so bad and bleeding and raw.. but not a tear.. at's about 98% gone already

Quoting liliem:

If he's not bothered I wouldn't freak out. I son got a rash from the powder I was using. Best is to keep it dry and uncovered as long as possible. And there are ointments.. I'm more on the natural side so I would google natural rash ointment and see what comes up with what I have available at home. I'm surprised he doesn't cry when you wash it! Or did you not try that yet?

liliem
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

This happened to my son a couple times, minus the bleeding, and he screamed while I washed it... I think it had to do with detergent and ammonia mix in his cloth diapers... the high efficiency washer setting must not of rinsed them well or something... But I felt like such a horrible mother... I found a better setting though... It hasn't happened since but man was his bum red.. ugh...

So what did you end up doing? The blood would have freaked me out a bit, just because I wouldn't want any urine or fecal matter going into his blood stream.

Quoting taraf529:

oh yeah he never even flinched.. i was shocked.. because it was so bad and bleeding and raw.. but not a tear.. at's about 98% gone already

Quoting liliem:

If he's not bothered I wouldn't freak out. I son got a rash from the powder I was using. Best is to keep it dry and uncovered as long as possible. And there are ointments.. I'm more on the natural side so I would google natural rash ointment and see what comes up with what I have available at home. I'm surprised he doesn't cry when you wash it! Or did you not try that yet?

taraf529
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:52 AM

I took the doc's advice and used an antibiotic ointment (bacycracin bc i couldn't find neosporin without the pain reliever) it's just about gone now.. just a tiny little pink spot and that's it.. scared the bejesus outta me!!!

Quoting liliem:

This happened to my son a couple times, minus the bleeding, and he screamed while I washed it... I think it had to do with detergent and ammonia mix in his cloth diapers... the high efficiency washer setting must not of rinsed them well or something... But I felt like such a horrible mother... I found a better setting though... It hasn't happened since but man was his bum red.. ugh...

So what did you end up doing? The blood would have freaked me out a bit, just because I wouldn't want any urine or fecal matter going into his blood stream.

Quoting taraf529:

Quoting liliem:

kahlansmommy
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Keep the diaper off to air it out. Bleeding diaper rash is not a big deal. It is just by wiping him with wipes. Also, use "Butt Paste". It is absolutely wonderful. Pat his bum, don't wipe. And, make sure his bum is dry after you do wipe him.

lhMaddox123
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Talk to your doc and ask about Eletone Cream. It seems to have worked quite well in the past for a friend of mine. There's also a savings card! Gotta love that :)  http://www.missionpharmacal.com/sites/default/files/package_inserts/eletone_0.pdf

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN