Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I need some help Please Updated

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:44 AM
  • 35 Replies

My kids dad and his new gf of 2 months thinks its okay for my 2 kids to call her mom, just because they call there step dad dad. I don't know if its just me but I don't want them to call her mom. Hell he cant even make up his mind if its going to work out between them two! He is letting her get involved in schooling issues that i don't think she needs to be a part of as well. I am at my wits end with this and I am about to go bat shit crazy!!! I have tried to talk to them but have gotten no were with it!! Please help!!!!!!

Okay so i am guessing some ppl are not understanding this Its not that I would mind after they are married for them to call her mom because I do know where I stand in my kids life! I know how my babies feel about me! I just think 2 months is to soon! My son didn't call his step dad dad until after we were married and my daughter was 9 months old when me and my husband met she has had both in her life and chooses to call both dad. me and the bio dad talked about all of this when it was going on and at the time me and my DH were a year in a half into our relationship when we were married now 2 and a half years later both of the kids know that they have all of us in their life and are not going anywhere. I just want to make sure that they are planing to be together for a long time before they call her mom because i don't want broken hearts if it ends so soon.

Rebecca Mathes

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy404204
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:48 AM
3 moms liked this

I absolutely do not think that it is ok for your children to call their fathers new girlfriend mom that is for you not who ever he decides to be with at the moment. How old are the children that are involved in this?

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:20 AM
2 moms liked this

THEIR, NOWHERE  .......  I would let the school know she is not to be involved at all for contact info or anything pertaining their schooling.  How do the children feel about it?  Are they being forced or did they want to do this?  If they wanted to do it, I would not kick up a fuss but if dad is forcing them to do it with an noncommitted woman in his life  I would get upset.   You are married to the stepfather so it shows a long term (hopefully life long) committment.

BeccaMathes85
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:55 AM

My son will be nine in a few months and my daughter just turned three

Quoting mommy404204:

I absolutely do not think that it is ok for your children to call their fathers new girlfriend mom that is for you not who ever he decides to be with at the moment. How old are the children that are involved in this?

Rebecca Mathes

BeccaMathes85
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:02 AM

I am not sure if it is forced, my son wont talk much on the issue and i am not sure why he is usually open with me about these kinds of things. She seems to be okay with them for the most part but can be very pushy about some stuff at times I am not okay with this at all because she is to new to even be looked at as a mom to them, because as i stated before he does not even know if it will last. I am afraid that if something goes wrong between them it will have a bad impact on the kids! And i am going to the school first thing in the morning to have a "talk" with them! And yes me and the DH are life long item this is my first and only!

Quoting frndlyfn:

THEIR, NOWHERE  .......  I would let the school know she is not to be involved at all for contact info or anything pertaining their schooling.  How do the children feel about it?  Are they being forced or did they want to do this?  If they wanted to do it, I would not kick up a fuss but if dad is forcing them to do it with an non committed woman in his life  I would get upset.   You are married to the stepfather so it shows a long term (hopefully life long) commitment.

Rebecca Mathes

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:35 AM
I would have a problem with it too. If they were married or together for several years it would be different. Have you talked to your ex about it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emarin77
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I would just talk to your ex about this situation, not the girlfriend.

ericndaimonsmom
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I would not be happy with that at all. IMO, a parent should not even introduce his/her partner to the children untill the relationship has lasted six months. Kids get attatched easily- what if they DO grow attatched and then it doesn't work out? Smh. Some ppl just don't consider or care that their actions impact their kids.
LilliesValley
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
First I think it should be up to the kids but I'd want to see some better commitment.
Briangel
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:24 PM
I was forced to call my stepdad dad, and I hated it. To this day I dislike that I was forced into doing something I didn't like. I had 1 mom, 1 dad!! The rest were step parents. With my stepmom, we got he choice and I chose to call her by her name. She's not my mom, never will be. It's ok for her to be a mother figure to me, but I will never call her mom.
I think it would be different if they were married. 2 months is way to soon, imo. Have you tried talking to just him, and try to agree that for the older child it should be their choice, and unless they were married you are not comfortable with it. It's up to you and him, not the gf.
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:34 PM

No, that is not ok at all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)