Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I just got offered the job!!

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM
  • 8 Replies

The job that is closer to home and will stop the "car wars" that was going on!!! Great news!! BUT there is 1 bad point.....I will work 40 hours a week(great) but my pay will only be $10 per hour(raise after 90 days). Benefits will kick in after 90 days also. That is a cut in pay. I am making $13 an hour now at my current job and the max hours per week are 30-that is only a $10 difference per week. Should I call my boss and ask if they have decided about the FT job? I am waiting for an email from the new job on what day they want me to start. I am not sure what to do!!!

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Donna273109
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Seams to me the cut in pay would balance out because you would get more hours with the new job, Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Have you spoken to current boss about more hours ? If he gives them will you still have  "car wars" ? 

luvemboth
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM
How much closer is the new job? If it's significantly closer, you'll make up more than that $10 in saved gas...not to mention less time traveling and no more "car wars". Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Do you have benefits at your job now? If not, those are worth more than your pay a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvemboth
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:13 PM
That's a very good point!

Quoting atlmom2:

Do you have benefits at your job now? If not, those are worth more than your pay a year.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:20 PM

This.

Quoting atlmom2:

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Good point!

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I do not have benefits. They are cutting hours and benefits for people that have been there for years!! I wouldn't be surprised if the places closes with 1-2 years. So now is a good time to get out. My benefits start after my 90 day probationary period. I talked with them about more hours and they said they couldn't guarantee anything so I gave them my notice today. They said they were disappointed but not surprised. I am sooo happy!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)