Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Constant headaches

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:10 PM
  • 14 Replies

I keep getting daily headaches. I'm a single working mom and I started to wonder if it is a single working mom syndrome.i have a 20 month old boy and no relatives or close friends that might look after himso it is all on me. It could also be lack of working out, lack of sex.so many things.  Has any single mom felt like that?

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Bump

rbailey2414
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:28 PM

it could be a mix of things. You may be really stressed but if you continue to get constant aching headaches, see a doc! :)

squeakers2
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:33 PM
If you are overly stressed, it will cause you to have headaches/migranes. Try to find ways to relax yourself. Get a babysitter you trust and take a night every once in a while to get a break. If you cannot do that, once your son goes to bed, light some candles, put on some soft music, and take a hot bath. If finding ways to destress don't work, see a dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jabs54
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I've always had problems with tension headaches.  They can last for weeks/months.  I've actually had a headache for 1-1/2 yrs.  Pain meds don't help.  Sorry, I'm not help.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM

My best friend was having constant headaches and it turned out that she had 2 blood clots in her brain. I would get it checked out if it continues.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Could be anything!

Stress is huge, could be that- could be dehydration and you're right it certainly can be lack of exercise and rest.

Do try to change some things, even little things. You will get to a point where he can go to short fun things on his own, you may have to tough it out mama.

I'm sorry.   :(

chasing
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM
How old are you? Knowing this could help narrow down possible causes. Also, are u taking any rx meds, what does your daily diet consist of? Are you getting enough sleep?
I know a major cause for me is dehydration- i dont realize i havnt drank anythng hydrating til i start feelin the effects of it.
One more question- do u awake with thr headache or does it tend to hit u later in the day?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rosie211
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:47 PM

It could be stress but it could also be something very very serious. A family member had constant headaches and she ended up having brain cancer.

ETA: Not trying to scare you, but the reality is, it could be something serious and the sooner you find out, the better off you will be. I hope you figure it out!

kali_mom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:51 PM
It could be a myriad of things try to single out what it isn't so you can get to the root cause. Dehydration tends to bring on headaches and by keeping a water bottle near you may soon see them disappear. If you can a few minutes each day and or night decompress and let go of the days worries. Don't ignore it too long and be seen by your doctor if you aren't getting any relief. Hang in there!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:16 PM

It depends on what kind of headache it is. Stress? sinus? Since you don't know, get checked out by a doctor and then you'll know how to deal with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured