Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Lingering cold or allergies?! *PIOG*

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM
  • 3 Replies

DD(2) started daycare the week of Valentine's, 3 days a week, 3 hours each. By the end of the week she had a runny nose, coughing a diahhrea. By the following week she was coughing so bad that she was coughing up mucus as well as bile. I took her to the after hours doctor office. She was briefly looked over, said she had a cold basically and how to proceed to help her get better.

The next week she had her 2nd round of the Flu vaccine and she was still sick. The NP said that it was allergies and placed her on a daily allergy medication, said to come back in a month. The next week she's tugging at her ear, called her doctors office and got her seen that day. She was put on antibiotics for an ear infection. She almost seemed like she was getting better, I even mentioned that at her checkup. By her next check up she stopped taking her allergy medicine because she didn't like the taste. I did everything I could to get her (make her) take it and it didn't help. She was then placed on another allergy medicine.

I now have her on rotating Tylenol & Motrin, cough medicine (all natural) and her allergy medicine, I also have a cool mist humidifier in her room at night. Yet, she still isn't getting any better. She has a check up appointment at the end of April ... I don't know if I should have her wait that long.

It's a 50/50 on what others say. I myself started with a head cold last week and I'm still congested and coughing.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I think this is probably something I'd call her doctor about. Not really any way for us to diagnose if we were qualified to. 

Garnet_Iris11
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I was just wondering if any other Mommies were dealing with the same thing. DD hasn't seen her actual pedi, only nurse practioners/pedi's in training since her first visit when she was 3 days old. I've never questioned any of them .. up until now. This one is super sweet and will actually talk to me .. but .. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that this is only an allergy. I think that if there isn't enough of a positive turn around I'm going to call and have her seen by the pedi. If I can't, I'll be calling to have her seen by another office entirely.

Quoting MamaSnaps:

I think this is probably something I'd call her doctor about. Not really any way for us to diagnose if we were qualified to. 

CafeMom Tickers

Seans_mommy123
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:15 PM

It sounds a lot like typical daycare crud that a lot of kids get when they first start in daycare. Some kids it takes a little longer to build immunity to everything there. With my oldest DS i think it took him about 2 months to build immunity and not catch every little bug that went through the daycare. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN