Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carseat mommas.......question

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:44 AM
  • 4 Replies

I am going to be a first time grannie in July.  Iwant to buy the carseat for my granddaughter to make sure she has the best.  Now my youngest is 4 so i haven't had to buy an infant seat in over 3 years.  What do you think.  Mom definitely wants an infant seat so i have been researching and like the graco Snug Ride but what is the difference between the 30 and 35 besides weight? do both have the seatbelt lock outs for the base?  What is you recommendations and/or experiences?

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:08 AM

it has  been 7 years for me so i have no idea.  I think you will need to join the carseat group as well as read the specifications for each carseat that you have in mind.

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:16 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

it has  been 7 years for me so i have no idea.  I think you will need to join the carseat group as well as read the specifications for each carseat that you have in mind.

yeah I have been reading and reading until it has all run together...LOL  Think I will head to bed get some sleep and look at it with fresh eyes in the AM.  I THINK I have it down to the Snugride just trying to figure out if 30 has lockout too.  I will just call Graco in the AM and ask.  I was just hoping some of the ladies were around to give me more to think about not to mention I wanted to say out loud...I AM GOING TO BE A FIRST TIME GRANDMA TO A LITTLE GIRL..............:)

Allie_kat1
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:24 AM
What is your budget? Chicco keyfit is always a popular recomendation, but I have never used one personally. I have used a safety first onboard35 for my last 2 babies and I have liked it. It fit my babies well when they were small, and my 2 yr old still technically fits in it by height and weight, so it is a long lasting seat.

I would say avoid the evenflow seats, as they have weird restrictions about the handle needing to be in the down position, and having at least 1.5in clearance from the seat in front of it, meaning it doesnt fit well in most vehicles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I am not up in the new seats but, with most kids outgrowing infant seats by height before weight and moving to a convertible seat, I am not sure if you would need an infant carrier that goes to 35 lbs. I would find out what the height limit and the top harness slot height is. If the 35 has a higher limit for those too, it may be worth it. Good luck! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured