Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I can't afford goodies for daycare every month

Dec goodies for Xmas. Jan I can't remember what it was. Feb valentines. March Easter. I can't spend every month mo eh on goodies for 14 kids even if I have always shooed for healthy and affordable treats. Also, my lo is 20 months and I usually i end up throwing away the goodies bag he gets as I don't want to give hm the trash he gets ( candies, lollipops etc).

what shall I do? Shall I all to provider? If we opt out, my lo is too little to realize that he won't bring a bag home. Our provider gathers goodies and puts them in a bag that she gives to kids when they leave and since this is daycare, they all leave at different times.

any thoughts on this?

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
MommyStar3343
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM
My daughter's preschool is the same way. Everyone treats with candies, gum, stickers, and etc. I like to make whatever she takes in. Even if i make cupcakes, there are ways to make it healthier for the kiddos. And its pretty cost efficient too.

However, you seem more upset at what the other parents provide? If you dont want your child to have their bags, and you dont want to make any, then simply tell the director.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM

If the little one wouldn't realize anyway, opt out. If enough parents do this, then maybe the practice would stop.

ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM

14 every months and that is just if you only get one thing  per person.

fyi, the provider also asks unto take toilet paper, sanitizer, etc etc.

so it all adds up

Quoting whoodathunk:

You can't afford $1-2 at the dollar store?  If not, talk with the manager.  I'm sure not everyone participates or your goodie bags would be huge!

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I wouldn't feel comfortable donating this much either. Especially if the kids are given sugary snacks to bring home.

Quoting ballerossandra:

so it all adds up

Quoting whoodathunk:

You can't afford $1-2 at the dollar store?  If not, talk with the manager.  I'm sure not everyone participates or your goodie bags would be huge!

comptonkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:11 PM
the kids at dds school... their parents go all out too

we don't do anything cause even though it's only 9' other kids... it gets expensive... especially because I refuse to do the candy and other junk... and the party favor stuff at the dollar store is junk that will just get tossed

for Valentine's we did store bought, but no candies.... the other kids passed out these bags of stuff, it was ridiculous

they are also pretty well off.. we struggle to get buy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
enlightened_24
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Wow, we never made the parents bring treats in. We always did little things for the daycare but never at the parents expenses. Say something.

jacsmama022
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Dollar store isy best friend when it comes to DDs daycare. Don't worry about wasting other parents money either. If they were so broke to worry about 1 goodie bag being wasted, they wouldn't have brought any to begin with.
jacsmama022
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Goodie bags and such for parties is one thing but toilet paper?!? The provider is supposed to provide that. If they can't even afford that kind of stuff that's bad. Our daycare does ask for donated things for the rooms like crayons and stuff but never toilet paper.

Quoting ballerossandra:

so it all adds up

Quoting whoodathunk:

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Wait until school starts. (; I would just put a few dollars away every week to fund it.
MissTacoBell
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:35 PM
They send sweets home with ds ALL THE TIME Even though they know his diet is on sugar restriction. I just give them to dh.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)