Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I can't afford goodies for daycare every month

Dec goodies for Xmas. Jan I can't remember what it was. Feb valentines. March Easter. I can't spend every month mo eh on goodies for 14 kids even if I have always shooed for healthy and affordable treats. Also, my lo is 20 months and I usually i end up throwing away the goodies bag he gets as I don't want to give hm the trash he gets ( candies, lollipops etc).

what shall I do? Shall I all to provider? If we opt out, my lo is too little to realize that he won't bring a bag home. Our provider gathers goodies and puts them in a bag that she gives to kids when they leave and since this is daycare, they all leave at different times.

any thoughts on this?

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Replies (31-35):
liliem
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Buy a huge bag of really cheap candy or stickes, or some cheap dollar store toys or something and just send that everytime... kids this age don't know and really shouldn't be eating that much candy. Also, I would be saving all the halloween candy for this kinda stuff... except in my household my husband eats them all. lol  Personally I like to get creative and maybe have my kid make a personalized craft, or card, or something from household items, like gathering the end of a roll of toilet paper, construction paper, or whatnot. You can find all kinds of cool ideas online... and it'll be fun and something to do on the weekends with your little one.

Matriarch87
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM
This is why I over do it when its time for gifts and treats. Incase other people don't participate. No biggie. Just don't do it. I think its messed up your kids won't get anything if you don't give stuff though. That's not how it works in my world.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:03 PM

just talk to the provider

ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I see your. Point.but there is a time and place for everything. He has gone to daycare since he was 14 months and he has no idea if he gets treats or not as they are given on their way out. I get the bag, take it home, put in the trash all the trash he gets nd save the bubbles, dough and stickers. Daycare is way too open to whatever parents give and it just ends u being trash

Quoting Matriarch87:

This is why I over do it when its time for gifts and treats. Incase other people don't participate. No biggie. Just don't do it. I think its messed up your kids won't get anything if you don't give stuff though. That's not how it works in my world.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:10 AM

if you cant afford it, then let them know! it doesnt sound like its a MUST DO type thing..so i would just explain to them that it cant happen..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN