Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Inappropriate Talent Show Song

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM
  • 25 Replies

My daughters father just called me from my daughters talent show rehersal at the elementary school. He asked me if I had heard of the song "Wobble" I haven't and he told me to look it up. I was shocked to say the least. Apparently the opening act is a little girl with 2 boys dancing around her singing the opening part of this song.  I literally wanted to vomit when I read these lyrics!! Maybe they aren't singing the part of the song that I find completely inappropriate but don't you think these kids know the lyrics and are listening to this song practicing...and what's stopping other kids from looking it up and listening to it for themselves. This is an elementary school for crying out loud!! Shouldn't these teachers and the principal be making better decisions than allowing something like this!? I will be showing up to the school first thing tomorrow to talk to the principal!! What would you do? Here are the lyrics for those of you that don't know:

"Wobble"

[Mr. Collipark:]
Oh, oh, oh, oh
All the shawtys in the club
(Let me see you just)
Back it up, drop it down
(Let me see you just)
Get low n scrub the grown
(Let me see you just)
Push it up, push it up
(Let me see you just)

[Chorus:]
Wobble baby, wobble baby, wobble baby, wobble (yeah) [x4]
Get in there, yeah, yeah [x4]
Ey big girl make em' back it up, make em' back it up [x4]

[Verse 1:]
I got em' shakin their boobies like congos,
Man I'm shaking the city like quakes.
The haters blue the face like gonzo,
Cause I'm rakin a cake so let's bake.
I'm taking the game, the games mine.
Ya'll witness a change it's my time.
Yea I'm new to the game but ya'll might wanna save ya whack raps daylight saving time
I could dance homie, I don't 2-step,
Ya'll looking at something like a true player.
A girl told me that a man that could dance might could possibly get down with the tool in his pants.
Now all my ladies let me see you vibrate.
And when it's over you ain't gon need ya vibrator.
Cause I'm a pro, make ya bend ya back low den just pound it real fast just like purkulator

[Chorus:]
Wobble baby, wobble baby, wobble baby, wobble (yeah) [x4]
Get in there, yeah, yeah [x4]
Ey big girl make em' back it up, make em' back it up [x4]

[Verse 2:]
Girl wobble it, and I'm a gobble it.
I see you movin your head, your head bobblin'
We can cradle the bed I'm straight rockin it
The girls say my head like the head of a rocket ship
God damn I'm so explicit, but I can't help it my flow ridiculous
Boy got a gift like it gotta be christmas
Swag don't miss like he gotta be gifted
The girls brought cameras and they want pictures
And they gon frame em to see dat nigga
Little to the bed while I'm sayin my scriptures
Cause I leave ya holy like ya pray in the temple
Want beat? I move with the led of a pencil
And mine won't miss you, goodnight kiss you
Take a band back, cause you got pistols
And I don't think bounty picker up these issues

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

ELEMENTARY? 

Did your daughter's father talk with the teachers? If he called you to talk about it he was obviously offended, so that tells me that something at the rehearsal was offensive. 

Maybe the teachers aren't aware of the lyrics? Totally inapproprate even if they aren't using the lyrics. Find another song. 

Amberleigh81
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Whoa.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DarlaHood
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, the staff should be making better decisions, and they shouldn't use songs with explicit sexual content for small children.  Parents also should be aware of what is going on and should be making better decisions.

mom2bahandcch
by Queen of the World on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Um... wow. Yeah, a little much.for elementary. I wouldn't even let a high school kid do that.
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Whoa...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Decemberlov
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:59 PM

He hasn't yet but he will be. He just said that he thought it was really inappropriate and felt bad for the little girl that these boys were dancing around and singing this with. Yes, elementary!

Each parent had to fill out a form with the name of the song and turn it in for review by the school. It specifically said they would be checking the lyrics. Someone obviously is not doing their job or is a terribly bad judge of whats appropriate for children.

Quoting MamaSnaps:

ELEMENTARY? 

Did your daughter's father talk with the teachers? If he called you to talk about it he was obviously offended, so that tells me that something at the rehearsal was offensive. 

Maybe the teachers aren't aware of the lyrics? Totally inapproprate even if they aren't using the lyrics. Find another song. 

MrsJoe125
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I agree the song is wildly inappropriate for any level of school, especially elementary.

You asked about the teachers and principal making better decisions; is it them deciding what the children are doing or the parents?  Do they feel like they have to allow the girl to sing this b/c the parents let her choose it?  IOW, did you and your child chose what she is doing or did the school choose?

Decemberlov
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:09 PM

We as parents decided what she was allowed to perform at the show and submitted the song to the school for them to approve. The form we filled out specifically said the school would be making the decision, based on the lyrics, wether or not it's an appropriate choice. But I'm guessing these kids parents are either clueless or don't care...

Quoting MrsJoe125:

I agree the song is wildly inappropriate for any level of school, especially elementary.

You asked about the teachers and principal making better decisions; is it them deciding what the children are doing or the parents?  Do they feel like they have to allow the girl to sing this b/c the parents let her choose it?  IOW, did you and your child chose what she is doing or did the school choose?

MrsJoe125
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I see.  I'm with you on going to the school and having a word with someone in authority.

Quoting Decemberlov:

We as parents decided what she was allowed to perform at the show and submitted the song to the school for them to approve. The form we filled out specifically said the school would be making the decision, based on the lyrics, wether or not it's an appropriate choice. But I'm guessing these kids parents are either clueless or don't care...

Quoting MrsJoe125:

rayroe2
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Yeah..no....that's terrible..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN