Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Mamas who make their own baby food?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 3 Replies

My loveys ped is wanting him to start having more textures and table food more often im kind of stumped.

I mean I know what he can have and such but I was wanting advice.

I've been giving him little snacks and stuff you get in the baby food isle and I know they have like the little toddler meal things but they.are.so.nasty....not to mention I have no idea what's in them.

Anyone know of any good recipes I can make and freeze or something quick that doesn't make a whole lot (I don't wanna waste)?

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ali840
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:05 PM
How old is he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Feed him what you are eating in smaller and softer portions.  there is no need for "baby" food.  It was started back in the 50's when woman were entering the workforce and it was a sign of wealth that you could waste money on such things.  google baby led solids.  I have 4 kids and wished I had used it on the eldest 3.  My fourth who never had a puree or jarred "baby" food in her life is by far my BEST eater.  Her first foods were avocado slices, steamed greenbeans, steamed asparagus, scrambled eggs, shredded cheese, shredded chicken red beans and rice balls.  

zoniechick
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Depends on how old your child is. To start out I just used a food processor to blend ordinary veggies and fruit, not canned. Used a bit of breast milk (or formula) to thin it out in the beggining to get the right texture. Whatever I was making for the family I would just mash up for the baby, then on to teeny tiny pieces. I used ice cube trays and then put in a ziploc bag. Once you have tried the basic fruits and vegtables then you can mix them. Always important to wait a few days before trying new ones in case of allergies.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom TickersSweet Berries Child Birthday Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)