Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Newly Pregnant

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM
  • 20 Replies

I just found out I was pregnant not to long ago I say I am 2-3 weeks. But I am going to be new at being a mother. I just need advice on somethings if you think I should know something. Feel free to let me know. I am already feeling sick and tired. I couldnt see the doctor for my first appoinment cause my insurance doesn't cover pregnancy. We also move around alot and can barely haul the things we have cause we dont have a big enough vehicle, but we are trying to trade for another.

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

First of all---congrats!!

Second-they start counting from your missed period, so you are actually 4-5 weeks.

my insurance doesn't cover pregnancy either. call around and ask drs/hospitals what they charge and if there is any kind of uninsured or paid in full discount. one hospital by me charges 15,000 (!!!!!), but if I pay in full day of, its only 3,000. Good to know in advance! And my dr is awesome with payment plans.

also--there is a pregnancy group on here. check it out!

BettyDollarhide
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Thank you very muc. I have irregular periods sometimes. Sometimes I wont have them 3 months at a time.

Amybelle
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Work Hard, Save Your Money

funhappymom
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Start looking into other insurance or payment options at your doctor, hospital of choice. Prenatal care is very important.

If you would consider homebirth, it could be much cheaper for you out of pocket.

Good luck.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Congratulations. Like the other posters suggested, look into additional insurance or talk to the hospital about being a cash customer.

Is home childbirth something you would consider? There is a group of really knowledgable moms on the subject here.

belindah
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Congrats!!!! Trust your intinct when it come to you and your child. 

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Start stock piling diapers and wipes when you can.
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Congrats! Look for additional insurance and start saving your money. I would start buying diapers awhile.

ericndaimonsmom
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Try to get enrolled in WIC.
An may I ask why you move around so much?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

You're 4-5 weeks, not 2-3. You're counted as pregnant 2 weeks before conception.

Anyways, congratulations. It seems a lot more overwhelming then it is when it comes down to things. Trust your gut and make sure you do your own research, don't listen to everything that everyone says, not even your OB or your child's pediatrician.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)