Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When should your baby start teething?

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter is 9 months old and still hasn't started teething. She was born at 25 weeks though, so almost 4 months early. I don't know if that makes a difference? I thought she should have at least one by now!

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Replies (21-27):
themomof3boys
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:22 AM
It varies...my oldest didn't get his first tooth till he was almost 8 months old, my middle son got his first tooth at 6 months old and my youngest got his first tooth at 3 months old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I dont remember, but I think you are supposed to count from their due date for milestones.

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM

They all do it at different times.  My first one got his first tooth at 3.5 months.  Second one was about 6 months.  The fact that your daughter was so early probably does make a difference

MotherOfPurpose
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Though they say six to nine months that's just an average, it's more genetics than anything else( early teethers here) but I have friend whose children didn't get teeth until well after a year old . Find out yor family's and the dads family history as far as this goes, if you are still worried your PED should be helpfully.

marisab
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM
depends on each kid .. when did u teeth ?ask mom
stacy2607
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:29 PM
All babies are different.. my 13 month old just had her 3rd tooth pop through..and i know some babies her age that have 10-12 teeth..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RMC007
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:31 PM

My dd was one before her first tooth broke through. My friend's son was around 3 months old. Don't worry, your dd will get teeth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured