Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

vaccines

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 23 Replies
Hello ladies!
I need some options on this controversial topic. I'm not trying to get anything heated I'm simply just wanting other moms opinion.
My oldest son is completely vaccinated and up to date, as well as my youngest who is 7 months. After doing some reading I'm feeling very torn on what's the best route for my baby tho. I don't want to not get him vaccinated but I'm not sure that I'm comfortable getting all that's recommended by my children's doctor.
If there are any moms who skip out on certain ones, which ones do you skip out on and why?
Thank you so much again!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitschy
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

BUMP for you. I don't vaccinate at all.

breebree04
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I completely vaccinated both of my children but I think if I had to do it again I would not do them on schedule so they would not get so many at one time. I didnt know that was an option when my children were younger but I always felt so bad and thought it was too much for a baby to get poked 4 times at once and have all them different vaccines in them at once.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

We did a few delayed but dd is fully vaccinated.  The only ones we do not participate in are the flu shots.  To us those are worthless.

Jms_Amc
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I have a friend whos sister didn't start vaccinating her baby until 6 months and also try to space out.
I never even knew that was an option. Thank you for your response :)
GOBryan
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I selectively vaccinate. I WILL not give them the MMR anymore. I know that vaccine triggered the autism in my son and my husband has had discussions with the wife of a retired pharm rep who agrees that the pharm companies know but I'm not going to debate it. Anyway, we stopped vaccinating for a while and now we're down to selective vaccinations. If it's not life or death.. I don't bother. There are many vaccines that are not necessary IMO such as chicken pox, flu, etc.. unless there's a good medical reason for them to have it. My kids, although Autistic, are physically healthy. 

Simply look at your options and decide what's best for your child. I would also recommend against multi-vaccinating at once. 

Jms_Amc
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM
You know what I'm wondering about is ... the vaccinations my baby is set to get on his next appointment are 3rd round shots. So he's already been given the 1st and 2nd rounds and this will be his last, for these particular ones. Could I space those out? Would it matter since its the last round anyway? And if I choose to not do one or two will that make particular ones ineffective without the last dose?
stacy2607
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I vaccinate all my children, but i only allow 2 shots at a time.
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Bump

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I am all for delayed vaccination. My dd's are older and didn't get all they give now. I refuse the HPV vaccination. Dd in college got the meningitis vaccine. Dd who didn't go to college did not get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kali_mom
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM
With my last child who is 10 Mths old I have refused the HPV and delayed some immunizations. My other 4 I pretty much followed the Peds recommendation. In retrospect I would do different if given the option to do over.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)