Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

After this baby I need a make-over!

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:04 PM
  • 9 Replies

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
3girlskdpreno
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Ok so here is my problem!!! I have always been a tone fit person! My comfortable weight is at 165-170! I was a weight lifter and kick boxer! Then after my first daughter in 2010 I had about 20lbs to loose did it! after my second daughter 2012 i had about 40lbs to loose.  Im now 6 months with my 3rd daughter I havent gained much,but dreading the after effectsOf baby #3 and in a short amount of time! What are some of the Things you guys did to loose the weight or to just get comfortable again! Im also thinking cutting the hair dying it! also changeing my make-up! IDK UGGGG Feeling blah!!!

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I used lots of exclamation marks and confused the words lose and loose!

No! Just kidding! 

I took my time and used home videos and handweights. Worked up to p90x/ insanity, then crossfit but still prefer p90x.

I watch what I eat, drink lots of water, make working our a priority and spend a little extra to have nice looking jeans, etc. (which I couldn't do til I started working but hey some people can and sah)

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Your kids are super cute btw.

:)

3girlskdpreno
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Your kids are super cute btw.

:)

funhappymom
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I need a make over, too. I think a hair cut and dye job sound great. It helps greatly with feeling better, for sure.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I have needed a makeover for the last 10 years...I need a wardrobe makeover more than anything though.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Quoting 3girlskdpreno:

Ok so here is my problem!!! I have always been a tone fit person! My comfortable weight is at 165-170! I was a weight lifter and kick boxer! Then after my first daughter in 2010 I had about 20lbs to loose did it! after my second daughter 2012 i had about 40lbs to loose.  Im now 6 months with my 3rd daughter I havent gained much,but dreading the after effectsOf baby #3 and in a short amount of time! What are some of the Things you guys did to loose the weight or to just get comfortable again! Im also thinking cutting the hair dying it! also changeing my make-up! IDK UGGGG Feeling blah!!!

I can sympathize!  I only have 1, but afterwards I didn't feel like myself at all.

Here is what I did and it worked wonders:

* While pregnant, I stayed active with walking.  Afterwards I had the baby, I actually started Shakeology and working out with Beachbody (TurboFire, p90x, Insanity, etc...).  The Shakeology was great because as a mom working full-time, it gave me all my nutrients and kept me full and kept cravings in check which helped in weight loss and keeping me on track.  If you need the support and motivation and an idea on where to start, let me know http://beachbodycoach.com/roseann1130

* Definitely go for a haircut and dye!  I think that is one of the easiests ways to start feeling good about yourself after having a baby.  It's like a fresh start with a new look. 

* Make-up!  Even if I wasn't going anywhere, I always did something to make me feel put together.  I went through my make-up bag and threw out things and re-vamped my make-up bag with new, quality products. 

* Open up your closets and take a look at your clothes.  Throw out things you haven't worn in a while and buy yourself some new pieces.  If you haven't already, define your personal style.  I know I like classic and simple and easy with a touch of trendy. 

3girlskdpreno
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Shakeology huh!! It just sounds fun! I love making homejuices and home smoothies!! And since I have a huge problem with presevatives my family always eats fresh veggies fruits and meats they are always in the house! And yes I'm so gunna try a new look! Clothes make-up and hair I think I need it this time around! After my first I went back to work, until I got prego with my second and almost had a miscarrage with my second! After that I become a stay at home mom, about 1year and 5months now I dont get out much I dont dress up because I know its just gunna get messed up LOL! But I think I need to change that a lil too this time!

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting 3girlskdpreno:

I can sympathize!  I only have 1, but afterwards I didn't feel like myself at all.

* While pregnant, I stayed active with walking.  Afterwards I had the baby, I actually started Shakeology and working out with Beachbody (TurboFire, p90x, Insanity, etc...).  The Shakeology was great because as a mom working full-time, it gave me all my nutrients and kept me full and kept cravings in check which helped in weight loss and keeping me on track.  If you need the support and motivation and an idea on where to start, let me know http://beachbodycoach.com/roseann1130

* Definitely go for a haircut and dye!  I think that is one of the easiests ways to start feeling good about yourself after having a baby.  It's like a fresh start with a new look. 

* Make-up!  Even if I wasn't going anywhere, I always did something to make me feel put together.  I went through my make-up bag and threw out things and re-vamped my make-up bag with new, quality products. 

* Open up your closets and take a look at your clothes.  Throw out things you haven't worn in a while and buy yourself some new pieces.  If you haven't already, define your personal style.  I know I like classic and simple and easy with a touch of trendy. 

in lovestorkbaby girltoddler girl

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM

You can check out Shakeology here:  http://myshakeology.com/roseann1130.  It's all natural and full of vitamins and nutrients.

I stayed home a little over a year after DD was born.  Prior to that, I was working full-time in media so I got dressed everyday.  In order to feel good about myself, I still got dressed.  It was really easy to wear sweats all day and not care about how I looked, but after a while I found that it affected how I felt about myself a lot and my self-esteem.  So, I made it a point to put on normal clothes and brush my hair and put on a little something like lipgloss everyday.  It made a world of difference.  No, I wasn't going to stay  neat for very long and I was going to inevitably end up with spit up or milk or some kind of food on me but that was fine - it's part of being a mom and I totally own it...it's like a badge of honor.  Even now, at 2 1/2 and me back at work full-time, I still find myself getting in to work with stickers in my  hair sometimes and reaching into my bag pulling out half-eaten sandwiches and cookies or socks from my jacket pockets.  It's okay though.

I think you're already off to a good start with your eating habits.  Eating more cleanly helps a lot and eating tons of fresh fruit and veggies!  Don't forget water!  I would totally be behind a new look - it's amazing sometimes how a little cut and color can make you feel and can maek you look more refreshed and younger.

Here was my thing once I became a mom - I didn't want to be a mom who let myself go.  I wanted to be a more put together mom because having kids doesn't have to mean letting yourself go.

Quoting 3girlskdpreno:

Shakeology huh!! It just sounds fun! I love making homejuices and home smoothies!! And since I have a huge problem with presevatives my family always eats fresh veggies fruits and meats they are always in the house! And yes I'm so gunna try a new look! Clothes make-up and hair I think I need it this time around! After my first I went back to work, until I got prego with my second and almost had a miscarrage with my second! After that I become a stay at home mom, about 1year and 5months now I dont get out much I dont dress up because I know its just gunna get messed up LOL! But I think I need to change that a lil too this time!

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting 3girlskdpreno:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN